Create a Oracle8 DataBase in Delphi program

Hello.

    I must to create a Oracle DataBase in a Delphi program. Not Create the
tables, Indexes and relations (I do this), I need to create the empty
DataBase (The files).
    Iam working with Oracle8 and Delphi 5.
    Any link, any manual, any sample, anything...

    Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~oOo~~~~~~~~~
Neftal

Re:Create a Oracle8 DataBase in Delphi program

Neftal <i...@grupo77.es> skrev i artiklen
<8ikj8h$m...@bornews.borland.com>...

> Hello.

>     I must to create a Oracle DataBase in a Delphi program. Not Create
the
> tables, Indexes and relations (I do this), I need to create the empty
> DataBase (The files).
>     Iam working with Oracle8 and Delphi 5.
>     Any link, any manual, any sample, anything...

Assuming Windows NT, oracle 8.0.5 the steps to be performed would be:
1) Make services using oradim80 (providing a parameter file (initSID.ora))
2) login as internal in svrmgr30 and startup in nomount mode
3) Create database in svrmgr30
4) run catalog and catproc in svrmgr30
5) create tablespaces and rollback segments
6) configure the listener to the new SID
7) start the database!
8) create database alias on the client machines

Did I leave out something?
It is certainly possible to do all of the above from with a Delphi program,
but if you are not used to creating Oracle databases, you should get some
experience with that first.

http://technet.oracle.com/
Technet requires registration, but is free.

/Peter Laursen

Neftal wrote in <8ikj8h$m...@bornews.borland.com>:

>    I must to create a Oracle DataBase in a Delphi program. Not Create the
>tables, Indexes and relations (I do this), I need to create the empty
>DataBase (The files).

Are you talking about creating an Oracle instance or a Schema which is
analagous to a database in some SQL Servers?

--
Wayne Menzie

Re:Create a Oracle8 DataBase in Delphi program

In Microsoft SQL server, I use command line tool ISQL to run script to
create database and check result file to see success or fail reason.

Hope this may help you for oracle.

Best Regards
Leigh Wanstead
Leigh_Wanst...@hotmail.com

Neftal <i...@grupo77.es> wrote in message

> Hello.

>     I must to create a Oracle DataBase in a Delphi program. Not Create the
> tables, Indexes and relations (I do this), I need to create the empty
> DataBase (The files).
>     Iam working with Oracle8 and Delphi 5.
>     Any link, any manual, any sample, anything...

>     Thanks.

> Neftal

Other Threads