Multiple connections - Maximum user count exceeded

One of our remote developers is working on a single desktop where he has
installed IB 6.x.

In his efforts to develop software requiring more than one connection he
gets the error message 'Maximum user count exceeded. Contact your database
administrator'!

What does he have to do to overcome that limitation?

--
Axel Niesen                                  anie...@interform.cc
interFORM Consulting Corp.         http://www.interform.cc

Don't always say what you know,
but always know what you say!
                                                  Matthias Claudius
                                                  1740-1815

Re:Multiple connections - Maximum user count exceeded

Problem located. When using version 6.0.1.6 the error occurs. Installing
version 6.0.1.0 takes care of the problem.

Still the question is, why is a newer version limiting the number of
connections when installed on a desktop?

In article <3b9f5e2f$1_1@dnews>, Aniesen wrote:
> Still the question is, why is a newer version limiting the number of
> connections when installed on a desktop?

It all depends which version you are using.

The opensource version has no limits.

The Certified desktop version has a limit of 8 connection .

The Certified remote version has a limit of 4 connection per user.

hth

Robert Schieck (TeamB)
MER Systems Inc.
Inprise/Borland/InterBase Search Engine
http://www.mers.com/searchsite.html

Re:Multiple connections - Maximum user count exceeded

Hello, Robert!

Robert Schieck wrote:
> The Certified remote version has a limit of 4 connection per user.

No, only 1 connection per user:

Dmitry Kuzmenko, Epsylon Technologies.
http://www.webinterbase.com/

Dmitry Kuzmenko wrote:

> Robert Schieck wrote:

> > The Certified remote version has a limit of 4 connection per user.

> No, only 1 connection per user:

> http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,27313,00.html

        This document is confusing, but Rob is correct.  Buying a "one user"
license for the certified edition will give you a license for four
simultaneous connections to the server.  This is what the document you
cite means when it says, "To stay concurrent with previous versions
allowing additional simultaneous connections per user license we have
changed the version 6.x license model to allow the additional
simultaneous connections similar to previous versions."

        -Craig

We're hiring: http://www.vertexsoftware.com/careerops.htm#sd

Dmitry Kuzmenko wrote:

> Hello, Robert!

> Robert Schieck wrote:

> > The Certified remote version has a limit of 4 connection per user.

> No, only 1 connection per user:

> http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,27313,00.html

But Borland supplies 4 users for local and 8 user for remote with the
development tools.  Total number of connections is the same in IB 6 as in 5.6
because when you buy a 5 user license Borland actually sends a 20 user license
so you still get 4 connections per users.  6.5 should return to the normal 4
connections per user logic.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   I don't think there are any Russians
(Please do not email    And there ain't no Yanks

Other Threads