Quick Repor 1.1 with Delphi 4 help needed

Hi ALL!

I have some trouble with Quick Report 1.1.

What I have:
  Windows NT 4.0
  Delphi 4.5
  Quick Report 1.1 for Delphi 4.0

I have migrated from Delphi2 to Delphi 4 and, as usual, had no time to
rewrite all reports from Quick Report 1.1 version to Quick Report 3 version.
After I installed and compiled my application in Delphi4 I got the next
problems:

1. Some reports gives to me clear page in preview plane.
2. After printing of one Report when I try to print other the firstone
appeares in preview plane.
3. Access violation Error occured on some reports.

If you know how to solve any (or may be all) of this problems, please tell
me.
I really need your help.

Looking forward for your message,
Konstantin V. Borisov

Re:Quick Repor 1.1 with Delphi 4 help needed

> 1. Some reports gives to me clear page in preview plane.

I had this problem. I solved it by selecting all the objects on the report,
cutting them, adding a detail band, and pasteing them to that. The only
problem was I then had to link the report to a dataset even though I wasn't
using a database to get my information.

Can't help with any others i'm afraid.
Hope this helps

William Buchanan
buck.bucha...@zetnet.co.uk | http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/buck
w...@cs.stir.ac.uk                    | ICQ 29072291
buc...@flkcol.demon.co.uk

Re:Quick Repor 1.1 with Delphi 4 help needed

I have jus one question about Quick Report. I have Delphi 4 (after having
Delphi 3). Problem is, that Quick Report don't want to print the same what
is shown on the main form of the program. I will try to explain the problem.
I have:
main form which is connected to the database (simple Table in Paradox). That
form shows one record from all of them. I have another form which is Quick
Report form. And I want Quick Report to print one record (which are shown on
the first form). In Delphi 3 I used code:
Form2.Table1.FindKey([Form1.Table1.FieldByName('Nr').AsInteger]);
Form2.QuickRep1.Print;

That worked in Delphi 3. In Delphi 4 that don't. What can I do?

Vygandas

Re:Quick Repor 1.1 with Delphi 4 help needed

Hi.

I think you can just set range on your table before of calling
QuickRep1.Print and clear it after all is done.

Like this:

Form2.Table1.SetRange([Form1.Table1.FieldByName('Nr').AsInteger],[Form1.Tabl
e1.FieldByName('Nr').AsInteger]);
Form2.QuickRep1.Print;
Form2.Table1.CancelRange;

or if you use Form2.Table1 table only in one place you can not to
CancelRange.

Gollum
k...@informos.sscc.ru

Vyga <v...@d{*word*279}.lt> wrote in message

> I have jus one question about Quick Report. I have Delphi 4 (after having
> Delphi 3). Problem is, that Quick Report don't want to print the same what
> is shown on the main form of the program. I will try to explain the
problem.
> I have:
> main form which is connected to the database (simple Table in Paradox).
That
> form shows one record from all of them. I have another form which is Quick
> Report form. And I want Quick Report to print one record (which are shown
on
> the first form). In Delphi 3 I used code:
> Form2.Table1.FindKey([Form1.Table1.FieldByName('Nr').AsInteger]);
> Form2.QuickRep1.Print;

> That worked in Delphi 3. In Delphi 4 that don't. What can I do?

> Vygandas

Other Threads