Why can't u use params (Tparams) on a tibdataset like tibquery

Why can't u use params (Tparams) on a tibdataset like tibquery. No errors on
compiling but it don't work either.

Re:Why can't u use params (Tparams) on a tibdataset like tibquery

Go to the on-line help for TIBDataSet and click on the Params
property. Does it say that the property is of type TParams?

--
Bill (TeamB)

Filip Moons wrote:

> erm that's why i asked in the first place ??? Let's rephrase, why isn't
> there a tparams property in tibdataset as in tibquery ?

Because you have more freedom with the IBDataset's since it is reflective of IB
data types and not a generic layer.  For instance in D5 you can not use int64
Paramters (but you can with IBDataset).

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
Maybe it was infatuation or the thrill of the chase.

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002 16:50:49 +0100, "Filip Moons" <Fi...@acta-b.be>
wrote:

>erm that's why i asked in the first place ???

Sorry. That was not clear from your message.

--
Bill (TeamB)