The lock file has grown too large?

I used the following SQL in Delphi 4.02:

UPDATE kontplan K
SET pocdug = (SELECT sum(dug) FROM dnevnik D
WHERE K.konto = D.konto)

On two Paradox tables: kontplan and dnevnik. The tables were not really big,
kontplan contained about 300 records and dnevnik not more than 200.

The error I consistently recieve is that:

"The lock file has grown too large."

I tried this on several computers.
Why? Anybody know?

Vedran Matesic, B. Sc.
vedran.mate...@usa.net

Re:The lock file has grown too large?

On Tue, 17 Nov 1998 15:43:22 +0100, "Vedran Matesic" <vedran.mate...@usa.net>
wrote:

>I used the following SQL in Delphi 4.02:

>UPDATE kontplan K
>SET pocdug = (SELECT sum(dug) FROM dnevnik D
>WHERE K.konto = D.konto)

>On two Paradox tables: kontplan and dnevnik. The tables were not really big,
>kontplan contained about 300 records and dnevnik not more than 200.

>The error I consistently recieve is that:

>"The lock file has grown too large."

>I tried this on several computers.
>Why? Anybody know?

Try using TSession component with properly PrivateDir property.
UIN:3620584                                            Bask
mailto:b...@kis.p.lodz.pl

Other Threads