DBE Error 9987 "Invalid File Name"

Hi, every delphi expert :

I got the error message when I start my database program.

***********************
Invalid file name.
DBE Error 9987  [$27] [$ 3]
***********************

Thanks & Best Regards,
Forrest Lo

Re:DBE Error 9987 "Invalid File Name"

That sounds like you are running FAT32 and using a version of the BDE <
3.51. If so, download the BDE 5.01 upgrade and install it. You can find the
upgrade from www.borland.com/bde.

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB

Re:DBE Error 9987 "Invalid File Name"

>Hi, every delphi expert :

>I got the error message when I start my database program.

>***********************
>Invalid file name.
>DBE Error 9987  [$27] [$ 3]
>***********************

Is this Delphi 2?   If so you probably have fat32 and need to update your BDE

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:DBE Error 9987 "Invalid File Name"

No, I am using Delphi 4 C/S. I still have the same problem
when DBE 5.01 is installed.

Brian Bushay TeamB <BBus...@Nmpls.com> wrote in message

> >Hi, every delphi expert :

> >I got the error message when I start my database program.

> >***********************
> >Invalid file name.
> >DBE Error 9987  [$27] [$ 3]
> >***********************

> Is this Delphi 2?   If so you probably have fat32 and need to update your
BDE

> --
> Brian Bushay (TeamB)
> Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:DBE Error 9987 "Invalid File Name"

What is the file name including the full path? Is it on your local hard
driver or a file server? If a file server what kind of network? What
database are you using?

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB

Re:DBE Error 9987 "Invalid File Name"

- File name included : customer.db, freight.db, header.db, nameconv.db...
- I am using Novell Netware 5 as a file server.
- The database is Paradox.

Thanks & Best Regards
Forrest Lo

Bill Todd <b...@nospam.dbginc.com> wrote in message

> What is the file name including the full path? Is it on your local hard
> driver or a file server? If a file server what kind of network? What
> database are you using?

> Bill

> --

> Bill Todd - TeamB
> (TeamB cannot respond to email questions. To contact me
>  for any other reason remove nospam from my address.)

Re:DBE Error 9987 "Invalid File Name"

>No, I am using Delphi 4 C/S. I still have the same problem
>when DBE 5.01 is installed.

I have seen this problem come up when a user has insufficient rights to a
directory.

Brian
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:DBE Error 9987 "Invalid File Name"

However, all users were granted all directory rights. (except : Supervisor,
Access control)

Thanks & Best Regards,
Forrest Lo

> >No, I am using Delphi 4 C/S. I still have the same problem
> >when DBE 5.01 is installed.

> I have seen this problem come up when a user has insufficient rights to a
> directory.

> Brian
> --
> Brian Bushay (TeamB)
> Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:DBE Error 9987 "Invalid File Name"

Problem:     EDBEngine error at ...   Invalid Filename

Cause: The BDE is unable to find either the NetDir path or the WinFair
path.

Fix: -  This can be caused if the user is on a peer-to-peer network, but
is not currently logged in, or the drive is not mapped.  You can go into
the BDE Administrator to check both the Net Dir path and the WinFair
path.  (Click on the path, then click on the button with 3 dots, to
browse for the folder.  If it is invalid, it will give you the Invalid
File Name error.)  Then go into the Windows Explorer to try to find that
drive and directory.
- Another cause for this is if the paths specify a network directory
using long filenames.  Shorten the directory names to 8 or less
characters.

Forrest Lo wrote:
> Hi, every delphi expert :

> I got the error message when I start my database program.

> Invalid file name.
> DBE Error 9987  [$27] [$ 3]

> Thanks & Best Regards,
> Forrest Lo