MS SQL Server and Delphi 2.0

Does anybody use this combination?

Our Server hangs up if the are a couple of tables open over the network.

Need help!

Michael

Re:MS SQL Server and Delphi 2.0

Michael Schievink wrote:

> Does anybody use this combination?

> Our Server hangs up if the are a couple of tables open over the network.

> Need help!

Here are some ideas:

1) Make your log space much bigger.

2) Turn truncate log on.

3) Use the SQL Trace facilities to work out what statements it is
{*word*154} on.

4) Unload and reload your database.

Hope they help

Oliver

Re:MS SQL Server and Delphi 2.0

>2) Turn truncate log on.

>3) Use the SQL Trace facilities to work out what statements it is
>hanging on.

Hello!

This would not help. There is NO ERROR anywhere!! All Workstations and the
SQL Server still hangs until I close a few older pipes via Server Manager ->
connections.

I would set the locks-value to 50.000. Is this ok?

Michael

Re:MS SQL Server and Delphi 2.0

If you close a connection, and the server is freed. The closed connection
must be on top the block process chain. Everytime the server locks up, run
sp_who from the ISQL-W , you will see the blocking process of a blocked
connection. Trace that down to the very top, check to see what that process
is doing. It may be running a select with no WHERE clause which causes the
whole table to lock up. If that is true, change the Select to be Select with
no_lock (check SQL book for syntax).
Increate the number of locks will not help.
Also you may need the newest SQL server server pack to fix some other lock
up problems.

Michael Schievink wrote in message <6i9ghm$r7...@news01.btx.dtag.de>...
>Does anybody use this combination?

>Our Server hangs up if the are a couple of tables open over the network.

>Need help!

>Michael

Other Threads