How to determine Internet Explorer Install and Version?

This is the story...

I'm working on a project that's using the WebBrowser ActiveX control.  I
wanted to create a "smart setup" (of some sort anyways) for this project.  I
have to figure out, firstly if there is some version of Internet Explorer on
the machine, and then figure out what version it is (I need version 4 and
up).  Does anybody know how I would go about to do this?  I tried snooping
in the registry, but didn't find anything that could help me out

Thanks.

Best Wishes,
  Bryce

   Bristen Bourque (aka Bryce)
   Software Design/Programmer
   ROMulin Group Inc.
   Moncton, NB, Canada

   http://www.romulin.com
   mailto://romulin@nbnet$$.nb.ca
   http://eve.info.umoncton.ca:8080/~bryce
   ICQ: 10441571

note: remove all dollar signs in email address to reply

Re:How to determine Internet Explorer Install and Version?

Bryce,

Try the following code:

{ Component class GUIDs -- from the SHDocVW_TLB.pas file from the Imports
folder }
  Class_WebBrowser_V1: TGUID = '{EAB22AC3-30C1-11CF-A7EB-0000C05BAE0B}';
  Class_WebBrowser: TGUID = '{8856F961-340A-11D0-A96B-00C04FD705A2}';

function IsIE4Plus_Installed: Boolean;
var
  regi: TRegistry;
begin
  Result := False;
  regi := TRegistry.Create;
  try
    regi.RootKey := HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT;
    if not regi.OpenKey('CLSID\'+GUIDToString(Class_WebBrowser), False) then
    begin
      MessageDlg('This program requires installed Microsoft Internet
Explorer v4.0 or later.', mtError, [mbOK], 0);
      Exit;
    end;
    Result := True;
  finally
    regi.Free;

I've used the WebBrowser component in my HTML-View program:
http://www.strongsoftware.net/dronix/

Best wishes,
Andrew Anoshkin
v...@dataforce.net
Useful programs and components:

Bryce (Bristen Bourque) wrote in message

<6udisd$mf...@garnet.nbnet.nb.ca>...
>This is the story...

>I'm working on a project that's using the WebBrowser ActiveX control.  I
>wanted to create a "smart setup" (of some sort anyways) for this project.
>have to figure out, firstly if there is some version of Internet Explorer
on
>the machine, and then figure out what version it is (I need version 4 and
>up).  Does anybody know how I would go about to do this?  I tried snooping
>in the registry, but didn't find anything that could help me out

>Thanks.

>Best Wishes,
>  Bryce

>   Bristen Bourque (aka Bryce)
>   Software Design/Programmer
>   ROMulin Group Inc.
>   Moncton, NB, Canada

>   http://www.romulin.com
>   mailto://romulin@nbnet$$.nb.ca
>   http://eve.info.umoncton.ca:8080/~bryce
>   ICQ: 10441571

>note: remove all dollar signs in email address to reply

Other Threads