FTP problem

I am trying to use the NEWT FTP ActiveX component with D3.  I can not set
the type property to ftp Binary.  The documentation says:
FTP1.Type(ftpBinary) of FTP1.Type := ftpBinary (I am not sure which since I
can't get it to compile.  The compiler does not like the TYPE in
FTP1.type....

Without that setting the program seems to be doing ASCII transfers which is
hosing my binary (EXE) transfer.  Thanks!

Re:FTP problem

In article <6oue45$k1...@news-1.news.gte.net>, "Joe Donth" <jdo...@gte.net>
writes:

>I am trying to use the NEWT FTP ActiveX component with D3.  I can not set
>the type property to ftp Binary.  The documentation says:
>FTP1.Type(ftpBinary) of FTP1.Type := ftpBinary (I am not sure which since I
>can't get it to compile.  The compiler does not like the TYPE in
>FTP1.type....

>Without that setting the program seems to be doing ASCII transfers which is
>hosing my binary (EXE) transfer.  Thanks!

1 The file transfer type is set by a method - it is not a property - see the
Newt FTPClint.hlp file.

2 If you look in FTPCT.PAS (the Delphi headers fot the Newt FTP client) you
will find the comment :-
"{ Conversion log:
  Method TFTP.Type renamed to Type_: Identifier is a reserved word }"

So call FTP1.Type_(ftpBinary); before starting your transfer.

Alan Lloyd
alangll...@aol.com

Other Threads