NEWBIE: allready found the answer, but got an other one

Now, I got this error mssg using MessageDlg,
but now I want to make several lines in this dialog...

How is this done ???

Thanks a lot
Mephix

Re:NEWBIE: allready found the answer, but got an other one

Hi Mephix..

To include multi-line in the MessageDLG, use the #10, #13 between each line:

MessageDLG(
  'This is on line #1' + #10 + #13 +
  'This is on line #2' + #10 + #13 +
  'This is on line #3',
  mtInformation,
  [mbOK],
  0);

The #10 is the LF (LineFeed) character
and the #13 is the CR (CarriageReturn)

PS. Don't forget to include the DIALOGS in your USES clauses

Mike

--
Nature limits what we can DO
Science limits what we can UNDERSTAND

Mephix <ow...@mephix.com> a crit dans le message :
5FCG5.813185$Kw2.7709604@flipper...

"Mephix" <ow...@mephix.com> wrote in message

> Now, I got this error mssg using MessageDlg,
> but now I want to make several lines in this dialog...

> How is this done ???

> Thanks a lot
> Mephix

Wouldn't it be smarter to use
showmessage('mesage goes here!');
instead?

Allan K

Re:NEWBIE: allready found the answer, but got an other one

Thanks a lot !!!

Michel Hudon <hud...@-NOSPAM-globetrotter.qc.ca> schreef in berichtnieuws
vSCG5.137$a8.6...@news.globetrotter.net...

In article <vSCG5.137$a8.6...@news.globetrotter.net>, "Michel Hudon"

<hud...@-NOSPAM-globetrotter.qc.ca> writes:
>MessageDLG(
>  'This is on line #1' + #10 + #13 +
>  'This is on line #2' + #10 + #13 +
>  'This is on line #3',

You need only one of  #13 or #10, although convention is to use a single #13,
the #10 can be omitted.

Alan Lloyd
alangll...@aol.com

Other Threads