Connect SQL Server using BDE

I think you need to install the MS SQLServer client software on the PC as
well as the BDE
Gyuray Rejeb <gu...@atu.com.tr> wrote in message news:3ccea6ad$1_2@dnews...

>    I can't connect SQL Server using BDE -the error is:
> Db-library network communications layer not loaded.

Re:Connect SQL Server using BDE

   I can't connect SQL Server using BDE -the error is:
Db-library network communications layer not loaded.

Re:Connect SQL Server using BDE

Gyuray,

Install the MSSQL clients from the SQL server CD and use the Client Network
Utility (part of the install) to configure the client (that is what the BDE
uses to connect) for your target server.

Good luck,
krf

>    I can't connect SQL Server using BDE -the error is:
> Db-library network communications layer not loaded.

Re:Connect SQL Server using BDE

and you have to have a enterprise (C/S) version of delphi.

On 30 Apr 2002 07:14:05 -0700, "Gyuray Rejeb" <gu...@atu.com.tr>
wrote:

>   I can't connect SQL Server using BDE -the error is:
>Db-library network communications layer not loaded.

As of SQL Server 7.0 and higher, the preferred method to connect to
SQL Server is ADO - the BDE doesn't fully support SQL Server 7 and
2000 anymore.

Marc

Marc Scheuner                                          Software Engineer
Quest Software Canada                       Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Email: marc.scheu...@quest.com                      http://www.quest.com

Other Threads