BDE error $2749 ??

-- Yes, but what does it MEAN?  I've searched the Web and found only
http://www.intranet.cyclelogic.com/support/Voltaire/16bit/BDE/27/2749... ,
where all that's given is "Multi results."  Which doesn't tell me a lot.

For the intensely curious, that error $2749 came from both a Delphi 2 app I
was working on and from running the following query in the SQL Explorer and
then moving to the end of the returned dataset.  The DB is Sybase.

SELECT W.PAYROLL AS AGROUP, 0 AS CTT, W.CODE,
    SUM(W.HOURS) AS TOTHRS,
    COUNT(W.CODE) + 0.0 AS CODECOUNT
  FROM WORKED W
  WHERE (W.CODE_TYPE IN (0, 1, 2))
  GROUP BY W.PAYROLL, W.CODE
UNION
SELECT W.PAYROLL AS AGROUP, 1 AS CTT, W.CODE,
    SUM(W.HOURS) AS TOTHRS,
    COUNT(W.CODE) + 0.0 AS CODECOUNT
  FROM WORKED W, EMPLOYEE E
  WHERE (W.CODE_TYPE IN (1, 2)) AND (W.PAYROLL = E.PAYROLL) AND (E.CLASS =
'N')
  GROUP BY W.PAYROLL, W.CODE
SELECT W.PAYROLL AS AGROUP, 2 AS CTT, W.CODE,
    SUM(W.HOURS) AS TOTHRS,
    COUNT(W.CODE) + 0.0 AS CODECOUNT
  FROM WORKED W, EMPLOYEE E
  WHERE (W.CODE_TYPE IN (1, 2)) AND (W.PAYROLL = E.PAYROLL) AND (E.CLASS =
'E')
  GROUP BY W.PAYROLL, W.CODE

Thanks,
TT

Re:BDE error $2749 ??

Ah . . . THAT's what it means: I forgot the 2nd UNION in my query!

But no syntax error?  And it actually ran and returned data?  Curious . . .

Other Threads