TSQLClientDataSet

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002 09:27:37 -0300, "Mauri" <ma...@ipm.com.br> wrote:
>Bill,

>> TSQLClientDataSet was deprecated in D7. It is still available but it
>> is not on the component palette. See the What's New topic in the
>> on-line help for details.

>    I dont have Delphi 7, therefore I dont know whats the problem...
>Im worry, because i work with Delphi 6 and I will work with Delphi 7.

Then you should use separate components.

>> IMHO it is still better to use the separate components. Just create a
>> component template and you can add all three to your app at once.
>   Why used components separate? Have some Problem to use together??? (Slow
>Performance)???

Yes, there are problems with TSQLClientDataSet. That is why it was
deprecated. If you want details search the datasnap newsgroup with
Google and you will find many messages.

>   And about this combionation is good???
>   TSQLQuery, TDatasetProvider, and TClientDataset.

That is a good combination.

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:TSQLClientDataSet

Hi,

   I was reading about D7 doesn't have TSQLClientDataSet . How can I do to
compile a D6 application that using TSQLClientDataSet ?

Thanks

Regards

Marco

Re:TSQLClientDataSet

Marco Azevedo wrote:
> Hi,

>    I was reading about D7 doesn't have TSQLClientDataSet . How can I do to
> compile a D6 application that using TSQLClientDataSet ?

Look into delphi7\demos\db\SQLClientDataSet\DBLRegS.pas, I've done it
half a hour ago, just create a new package, add this file and install
it, but don't forget that TSQLClientDataSet was deprecated in D7...

Other Threads