BDE and Interbase SQL dialect 3

Hi,

I tried to use an Interbase 6.0 database from Delphi using BDE components.
When I open a table containing a DATE type column, I get the following
message: Client SQL dialect 1 does not support reference to DATE datatype. I
tried to send a SET SQL DIALECT 3 command, but then I get the "General SQL
error. Token unknown..." message.
Have anybody ever used SQL dialect 3 through BDE?

Thank you for your help.

Peter Jenei

Re:BDE and Interbase SQL dialect 3

regedit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
 SOFTWARE
   BORLAND
     DATABASE ENGINE
       SETTINGS
         DRIVERS
           INTRBASE
            DB OPEN
               new string value :  "SQLDIALECT 3"

"Erdem Begik" <erdembe...@sim.net.tr> wrote

> regedit

You have to have the BDE 5.2 SQL Links DLL as well.

David R.

Re:BDE and Interbase SQL dialect 3

You have to have BDE 5.2 to get partial dialect 3 support. Note that
the BDE does not support large exact numerics in dialect 3 databases.
After you install BDE 5.2 do the following.

To use the new InterBase 6 Dialect 3 features, add an entry
to your Windows registry under
 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\
     Borland\Database Engine\Settings
     \Drivers\Intrbase\Db Open\SQLDIALECT
and set the value to "3".

When an InterBase alias is created, the new entry will be
available in the .CFG file.

To use InterBase 5.6, SQLDIALECT can be set to "1" (existing
IB aliases which do not have the SQLDIALECT entry default to
SQLDIALECT=1 or to the registry setting when the SQLDIALECT
entry is added to the registry).

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:BDE and Interbase SQL dialect 3