Souce Code Modifications

We have at work a small piece of dos software written in TP 6 which creates
soccer draws and tables.

It was  first written in CPM then ported to TP, and as a piece of software
it has been created specifically for our particular criteria.

It is the best that we have come across at this stage and we depend on it
for creation of draws/tables.
However we now are looking to have some minor modifications made to it.

We have the source code and would like to contact a programmer capable of
such modifications
We understand $$ will be involved

If anyone is interested we can be contacted at  st...@soccer.org.nz

Re:Souce Code Modifications

what does $$ stand for?

"Craig Hennessey" <cr...@hennessey1.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>what does $$ stand for?

>> We understand $$ will be involved

If you don't know, then it should be obvious that you don't have the
skills Steve needs.   ;-)

    ...red

Re:Souce Code Modifications

Hi,

on Thu, 02 Dec 1999 at 22:47:14 o'clock, Craig Hennessey wrote:

> what does $$ stand for?

Lots of compiler switches, for example:

{$I-}
{$N+}
{$X+}

and so on. It is, by the way, a common rule in many languages that the
repetition of a letter indicates plural. For example, "on pp. 17-20"
means "on pages seven{*word*249} through twenty". In the context of Pascal
programming, of course, lots of dollars mean an abundance of compiler
switches (or hexadecimal numbers).

:-)

 - Sebastian

--
YOUR AD HERE!

Re:Souce Code Modifications

JRS:  In article <82c216$n95...@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk> of Thu, 2 Dec 1999
22:47:14 in news:comp.lang.pascal.borland, Craig Hennessey <craig@hennes

sey1.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>what does $$ stand for?

>> We understand $$ will be involved

Money.

This shows, however, how unwise it is to be slipshod in the use of
whatever language one chooses to write in; one should always write as
clearly as one can.

Even a NZer writing in English should not assume that his local currency
symbol, unadorned, will be recognised in other countries.

--
? John Stockton, Surrey, UK.  j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk   Turnpike v4.00   MIME ?
 Web <URL:ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqn.zip> - Timo Salmi's Usenet Q&A.

Re:Souce Code Modifications

no!
it was used somewhere in the pascal program, i think its something to do
with strings now :o)
thanx
craig
p.s. here its 's hehe

Dr John Stockton <j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> JRS:  In article <82c216$n95...@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk> of Thu, 2 Dec 1999
> 22:47:14 in news:comp.lang.pascal.borland, Craig Hennessey <craig@hennes
> sey1.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> >what does $$ stand for?

> >> We understand $$ will be involved

> Money.

> This shows, however, how unwise it is to be slipshod in the use of
> whatever language one chooses to write in; one should always write as
> clearly as one can.

> Even a NZer writing in English should not assume that his local currency
> symbol, unadorned, will be recognised in other countries.

> --
> ? John Stockton, Surrey, UK.  j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk   Turnpike v4.00
MIME ?
>  Web <URL:ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqn.zip> - Timo Salmi's Usenet
Q&A.
>  Web <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/news-use.htm> :  about usage of
News.
> No Encoding. Quotes before replies. Snip well. Write clearly. Don't Mail

News.

Re:Souce Code Modifications

Craig Hennessey kirjoitti viestiss?
<82uchf$6h...@news7.svr.pol.co.uk>...

>no!
>it was used somewhere in the pascal program, i think its something to
do
>with strings now :o)

Another no!  Here is a partial quote:

"However we now are looking to have some minor modifications made to
it.

We have the source code and would like to contact a programmer capable
of
such modifications
We understand $$ will be involved"

A programmer was searched for a small modification job.  And they
understand that _money_ will be involved.

--
Raimo Suonio
Helsinki, Finland

Re:Souce Code Modifications

ahhh right!!!
ive also seen {$1} or whatever used in programs?

craig

Craig Hennessey wrote:
> ahhh right!!!
> ive also seen {$1} or whatever used in programs?

Yes. Those are compiler switches, but the switch $1 does not exist as $ is
always followed by a letter. It can also simply be a hex number in comments.

Other Threads