Interbase performance HELP!

I jsut received the newest version of D3 w/Interbase 4.2, installed it and
started to create an Interbase application.  I created a simple database that
holds about 50,000 records in one of the tables.  I do a simple select
statement on that table and get very different results.  In ISQL, it takes 0.4
seconds, but within my Delphi application, it takes about 2 minutes!  I'm no
newbie, but I can't see what I'm doing wrong.  The database has all necessary
indexes and is structured correctly.  Is there some setting in the BDE or ODBC
that I'm not setting?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
BCW Blue