BGI drivers

Did anybody try out the Ryle BGI Video driver kit?.
I hate to buy a driver first before trying it out.
I'm still looking for SVGA BGI drivers that function in protected mode.
So far none of the drivers I could find worked well.

Femme Verbeek

Re:BGI drivers

look on www.xagrosnet.com for GFX.ZIP. It includes a real mode ful featured
vesa routine in assembly. I think you'd be able to modify it so that it will
work in protected mode too.

"Femme Verbeek" <f...@{*word*104}jet.nl> wrote in message

> Did anybody try out the Ryle BGI Video driver kit?.
> I hate to buy a driver first before trying it out.
> I'm still looking for SVGA BGI drivers that function in protected mode.
> So far none of the drivers I could find worked well.

> Femme Verbeek

Re:BGI drivers

> look on www.xagrosnet.com for GFX.ZIP. It includes a real mode ful
featured
> vesa routine in assembly. I think you'd be able to modify it so that it
will
> work in protected mode too.

> > Did anybody try out the Ryle BGI Video driver kit?.
> > I hate to buy a driver first before trying it out.
> > I'm still looking for SVGA BGI drivers that function in protected
mode.
> > So far none of the drivers I could find worked well.

Thanks for your reply. I did not try this one jet. Unfortunately I have
almost no knowldge of  assembly. I really would not know where to begin
in order to modify this code for protected mode.

 Femme Verbeek

Re:BGI drivers

"Femme Verbeek" <f...@{*word*104}jet.nl> wrote in message

> Did anybody try out the Ryle BGI Video driver kit?.
> I hate to buy a driver first before trying it out.
> I'm still looking for SVGA BGI drivers that function in protected mode.
> So far none of the drivers I could find worked well.

> Femme Verbeek

Have you tried the BGI256 drivers from Knight Software (shareware $45 + $5s/h)

I downloaded them from http://www.programmersheaven.com.  They claim to support
protected mode and up to 1280x1024x256 and from my initial experimentation it
appears to be working.

--
Posted from edslink4.eds.com [199.228.142.3]

Re:BGI drivers

"Andy Kahl" <andyk...@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht

> "Femme Verbeek" <f...@{*word*104}jet.nl> wrote in message

> > Did anybody try out the Ryle BGI Video driver kit?.
> > I hate to buy a driver first before trying it out.
> > I'm still looking for SVGA BGI drivers that function in protected
mode.
> > So far none of the drivers I could find worked well.

> > Femme Verbeek

> Have you tried the BGI256 drivers from Knight Software (shareware $45 +
$5s/h)

> I downloaded them from http://www.programmersheaven.com.  They claim to
support
> protected mode and up to 1280x1024x256 and from my initial
experimentation it
> appears to be working.

I have two versions of that one. I get a screen in a very low resolution
and everything seems to be mixed up. But perhaps I did not try hard
enough.
I received a completely undocumented BGI driver, made by Georg Switala.
(thanx Norbert) So far this is the only one that seems to be working on
my computer up to 1280x1024x256.

Femme

Re:BGI drivers

I have the Ryle Drivers, and they work well in both real and protected
modes.   They did the printer drivers for the DOS versions of Quicken and
QuickBooks (Intuit used BGI!) and I think they have the BGI driver internals
pretty well sorted out.  Their drivers include source.  Not free, but they
do work very well, and the SVGA drivers have full mouse support.

They still develop this stuff - the embedded crowd still use BGI, and they
snap these things right up.

> "Andy Kahl" <andyk...@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> > "Femme Verbeek" <f...@{*word*104}jet.nl> wrote in message

> > > Did anybody try out the Ryle BGI Video driver kit?.
> > > I hate to buy a driver first before trying it out.
> > > I'm still looking for SVGA BGI drivers that function in protected
> mode.
> > > So far none of the drivers I could find worked well.

> > > Femme Verbeek

> > Have you tried the BGI256 drivers from Knight Software (shareware $45 +
> $5s/h)

> > I downloaded them from http://www.programmersheaven.com.  They claim to
> support
> > protected mode and up to 1280x1024x256 and from my initial
> experimentation it
> > appears to be working.

> I have two versions of that one. I get a screen in a very low resolution
> and everything seems to be mixed up. But perhaps I did not try hard
> enough.
> I received a completely undocumented BGI driver, made by Georg Switala.
> (thanx Norbert) So far this is the only one that seems to be working on
> my computer up to 1280x1024x256.

> Femme

Re:BGI drivers

"Scott Stoddard" <stodd...@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht

> I have the Ryle Drivers, and they work well in both real and protected
> modes.   They did the printer drivers for the DOS versions of Quicken
and
> QuickBooks (Intuit used BGI!) and I think they have the BGI driver
internals
> pretty well sorted out.  Their drivers include source.  Not free, but
they
> do work very well, and the SVGA drivers have full mouse support.

> They still develop this stuff - the embedded crowd still use BGI, and
they
> snap these things right up.

It sounds good. Is there any unofficial way how I can try them?

Femme

Other Threads