PDF Distiller

2005-05-04 04:19:25 AM
delphi222
We got Delphi to print to the distiller. However, how can we make the
distiller call the file what we want it to be called? This has to be
something simple. With the PDF Writer you made a registry entry for it.
--
John Greco
johng at cashea dot com

Re:PDF Distiller

We got Delphi to print to the distiller. However, how can we make the
distiller call the file what we want it to be called? This has to be
something simple. With the PDF Writer you made a registry entry for it.
when you print from other apps to the Distiller do you see it get some
filename info?
--
-----
George Birbilis (XXXX@XXXXX.COM)

Re:PDF Distiller

George Birbilis writes:
>We got Delphi to print to the distiller. However, how can we make the
>distiller call the file what we want it to be called? This has to be
>something simple. With the PDF Writer you made a registry entry for it.

when you print from other apps to the Distiller do you see it get some
filename info?

Yes normally when you print to the distiller and haven't made any
settings changes it asks for the filename. But we turned that prompt off
in hopes of being able to automate the process of printing to it and
passing the filename to the distiller programatically.
--
John Greco
johng at cashea dot com

Re:PDF Distiller

>when you print from other apps to the Distiller do you see it get some
>filename info?

Yes normally when you print to the distiller and haven't made any settings
changes it asks for the filename. But we turned that prompt off in hopes
of being able to automate the process of printing to it and passing the
filename to the distiller programatically.
can you turn that off at the Distiller options/gui too, so that when user
does that action manually it still doesn't ask for filename and gets the
filename somehow or tries to make one automatically? Does it do like that if
you can turn off that option?
btw, you can always rename the file later can not you?