Re: Been away for awhile - can someone bring me up to speed?

2003-12-09 09:47:07 AM
delphi88
Colleyville Alan writes:
When will Delphi 8 ship?
This month - although you might not get your copy until January.
It's not Octane anymore is it? :)
Delphi 8 for Microsoft .Net Framework (or similar).
It will look like C# Builder IDE. There is a BDNtv article with it in
use at bdn.borland.com.
cheers,
JED

Re: Been away for awhile - can someone bring me up to speed?

The last time I read posts here was pre-Borcon. I attended the Houston
Delphi Developers meeting in late October and someone there mentioned they
were going, so I know it happened sometime after that and before now, but I
did not think to check here immediately after the big event (I've been a bit
sidetracked recently). So anyhow, what's the big news from Borcon? What
will Delphi 8 look like (got some idea from this NG in Sept/Oct, but any
surprises from Borcon?). When will Delphi 8 ship?
It's not Octane anymore is it? :)

Re: Been away for awhile - can someone bring me up to speed?

<JED>writes news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
Colleyville Alan writes:

>When will Delphi 8 ship?

This month - although you might not get your copy until January.

>It's not Octane anymore is it? :)

Delphi 8 for Microsoft .Net Framework (or similar).

It will look like C# Builder IDE. There is a BDNtv article with it in
use at bdn.borland.com.

cheers,
JED
Cool. Thanks