Found: One road map...

2005-08-19 07:08:46 AM
delphi14
Borland's ALM Road Map: Up-Leveling to Software Delivery Optimization
www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00075URKG/qid=1124405508/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-7687054-3415023?v=glance&s=books&n=507846#product-details
One road map I can not afford. It makes me wonder how much the satnav CD
version will cost ;)
Maybe Borland should charge this kind of money for their Road maps? Oh.
"Amazon sales rank: None". Maybe not <g>
- Roddy

Re:Found: One road map...

Roddy Pratt writes:
One road map I can not afford. It makes me wonder how much the satnav CD
version will cost ;)
Wow. That is expensive. At 2 pages in length, that is $750 a page. Must
have a nice commission.

Re:Found: One road map...

"Roddy Pratt" <roddy at spam fritter dot com>writes:
Borland's ALM Road Map: Up-Leveling to Software Delivery Optimization

www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00075URKG/qid=1124405508/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-7687054-3415023?v=glance&s=books&n=507846#product-details
$1500
2 pages
A veritable bargain.

Re:Found: One road map...

Roddy Pratt writes:
Borland's ALM Road Map: Up-Leveling to Software Delivery Optimization

www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00075URKG/qid=112440550
8/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-7687054-3415023?v=glance&s=books&n=507846#pr
oduct-details

One road map I can not afford.
At the risk of sounding like Dilbert's "topper"..
That's nothing: A 5-page spec (from another company) cost a client of
ours AU$100,000. (We implemented the system they wanted for under
AU$25,000)
--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]

Re:Found: One road map...

I wonder why the "Look inside this book" feature is not on.

Re:Found: One road map...

Roddy Pratt writes:
Oh. "Amazon sales rank: None". Maybe not <g>
Well, how can anyone resist the invitation to "be the first to review
this book"?
For $1500 you could enjoy a high profile platform to have a go at this
SDO BS.
--
Kristofer

Re:Found: One road map...

Kyle A. Miller writes:
Wow. That is expensive. At 2 pages in length, that is $750 a page.
Must have a nice commission.
The author certainly wouldn't have to sell many to make the effort
worth while :)

Re:Found: One road map...

Eric Schreiber writes:
The author certainly wouldn't have to sell many to make the effort
worth while :)

Not if each page says "This page left intentionally blank." Not much
effort in that. ;)

Re:Found: One road map...

Please note that this is an analyst report published by IDC, and not
something
that's for sale by Borland.
--
Anders Ohlsson - blogs.borland.com/ao/
homepages.borland.com/aohlsson/blog_beta/

Re:Found: One road map...

Anders Ohlsson (Borland) writes:
Please note that this is an analyst report published by IDC, and not
something that is for sale by Borland.
And if people bothered to search on the authors name they would have
found several more reports for other companies.
--
web: www.jed-software.com
blog: jedqc.blogspot.com

Re:Found: One road map...

"Anders Ohlsson (Borland)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Please note that this is an analyst report published by IDC, and not
something that is for sale by Borland.
My apologies for not making that crystal clear in the original posting.
- Roddy

Re:Found: One road map...

TObject writes:
I wonder why the "Look inside this book" feature is not on.
LOL
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

Re:Found: One road map...

"TObject" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
I wonder why the "Look inside this book" feature is not on.
Maybe this explains why nobody's actually bought a copy through Amazon?
www.borland.com/us/company/analyst/idc_alm_roadmap/32448.html
- Roddy

Re:Found: One road map...

Hi Dave
That's nothing: A 5-page spec (from another company) cost a client of
ours AU$100,000. (We implemented the system they wanted for under
AU$25,000)
Please feel free to pass on my contact details to them, I like to write
technical specifications :-)
--
Pete
====

Re:Found: One road map...

Roddy Pratt writes:
Maybe this explains why nobody's actually bought a copy through
Amazon?

www.borland.com/us/company/analyst/idc_alm_roadmap/32448.html
That certainly should be required reading before anyone considers
buying one of IDC's other publications for $1500.
IB 6 versions prior to 6.0.1.6 are pre-release and may corrupt
your DBs! Open Edition users, get 6.0.1.6 from mers.com