Re: .NET 2.0 release vs D2006

2005-11-01 11:14:28 PM
delphi175
ahhh, yes, I meant D2006, but you knew that, right?
After repeatedly re-reading and puzzling through, I figured that out
eventually. Still, thousands of newsgroup messages out there are using
D6 to refer to Delphi 6, so I don't agree with your misappropriation of
that abbreviation.
Rick Carter
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re: .NET 2.0 release vs D2006

Rick Carter writes:
After repeatedly re-reading and puzzling through, I figured that out
eventually. Still, thousands of newsgroup messages out there are
using Delphi 6 to refer to Delphi 6, so I don't agree with your
misappropriation of that abbreviation.
uhhh... I thought I made it clear that it was a mistake, not a
deliberate "misappropriation of that abbreviation". However since I
was responding to a question about D2006 I'd think that even the
minimally astute would not have had to resort to "repeatedly re-reading
and puzzling through".
--
David Farrell-Garcia
Whidbey Island Software LLC