IBO/Firebird/Usernames,passwords on query

2003-07-11 09:13:50 PM
delphi212
Hello,
I'm having a form and on the form I have one IB_Connection, one IB_Query1
and one IB_Datasource1.
Also an IB_Grid1 and a Tbutton. The datasource is connected on the query and
the grid on th datasource. Easy things.
I pass all the information on design time on the ib_connection and I click
True on the properties connected. No errors.
I connect the query to the connection (design time) and I set the connected
to True. I pass in SQL editor the query select * from dcieid (article
table). All the information is displayed correctly on the grid.
The code is the following:
if not IB_Connection1.Connected then IB_Connection1.Connected := True;
if IB_Query1.Active then IB_Query1.Active := False;
IB_Query1.SQL.Text := 'select * from dcieid';
if not IB_Query1.Active then IB_Query1.Active := True;
// IB_Query1.Execute;
end;
The code does nothing special.... I just want to start somehow with the IBO
components.
The problem is that it displays an error message when I press the button in
runtime:
ISC ERROR CODE:335544472
ISC ERROR MESSAGE:
Your user name and password are not defined. Ask your database blah blah
blah...
The database was created under Interbase 5.5.
Craig Stuntz [TeamB] suggested me not to use Interbase files. I used it only
for that test purpose. Does it have anything to do with it? And why on
runtime and not on designtime?
TIA
George Christoforakis

Re:IBO/Firebird/Usernames,passwords on query

ok, what I did is to set the Password Storage property on the Connection
object to psKeyFromEnviron.
The runtime now works.
Any comments? Any suggestions on what I should pay attention?

George Christoforakis writes:
Any suggestions on what I should pay attention?
The best place to get support for IBO is on Jason's email list. You
can find a link via www.ibobjects.com
-Craig
Delphi/InterBase Weblog : delphi.weblogs.com
InterBase in Multi-tier World -- Use multiple RDMs, IB features in
your appserver: delphi.weblogs.com/stories/storyReader$195

Re:IBO/Firebird/Usernames,passwords on query

Aage Johansen writes:
He probably suggested not to use that specific version (IB/5.5).
Later versions (except for early 6.0) are fine.
To be precise:
o IB 5.61 is fine, but don't use IB 5.5.
o IB 6.0.1.6 and later are fine. Anything earlier is pre-release and
should not be used.
-Craig
Delphi/InterBase Weblog : delphi.weblogs.com
How to ask questions the smart way:

Re:IBO/Firebird/Usernames,passwords on query

Thank you all.
George Christoforakis