using TUDPSocket (From Borland)

2003-09-20 09:24:36 PM
delphi191
Hi,
Has anyone successfully used this standard component from Borland?
I'd love to see an example of it.
Until now the component seems quite useless for the task it shouldve been
written for.
AFAIK this comp should be an UDP Server AND Client.
But being derived from TIPClient (Yup, that is right...) it lacks listening
functionality...
Why would Borland create such a useless component in the first place?
Worse, it isn't even capable of performing what it SHOULD be able to.
Thanks in advance,
--
Rory Vieira
The Cool View

Re:using TUDPSocket (From Borland)

"Rory Vieira" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in news:3f6c54e2
@newsgroups.borland.com:
AFAIK this comp should be an UDP Server AND Client.
But being derived from TIPClient (Yup, that is right...) it lacks listening
functionality...
So? Merging them just adds unneeded code and functionality when you only need
one side. I guess I could write an TEdit+TTimer combo too, but that does not
mean it would make sense.
Need extra help with an Indy problem?
www.atozedsoftware.com/indy/experts/support.html