Two timing questions

2005-10-31 10:37:03 PM
delphi139
Hi
I would like to know which is the best and may be accurate enough way to
calculate the transfer speed between to PCs over the internet using Indy.
Actually I have an idTCP server running on my computer and several clients
that are connected to it. I need to calculate what is the transfer rate for
each client that is connected to the server.
And another question which I am not sure of:
What does the time needed to do the following:
AThread.Connection.WriteBuffer(buf, bufsize) depend on ?
... if buffer is lets say 2000 bytes? In this second question I am not
interest what time it will take till the client receives these 2000 bytes
but only about the time needed to do the writing?
Thanks