Moving from Delphi 7 to D2006 and RxLib now defunct need Gif animator

2006-05-23 02:09:56 AM
delphi247
I only really used the RxGifAnimator. So does anyone know another,
preferably stand alone as I don't need another full component suite. Must
still be Delphi 7 compatible. Alternatively if I am wide of the mark about RxLib
being out of date I would appreciate more info on that, thanks.

Re:Moving from Delphi 7 to D2006 and RxLib now defunct need Gif animator

Hi Eric,
Eric Carlson writes:
I only really used the RxGifAnimator. So does anyone know another,
preferably stand alone as I don't need another full component suite. Must
still be Delphi 7 compatible. Alternatively if I am wide of the mark about RxLib
being out of date I would appreciate more info on that, thanks.
Have you searched on Google for rxlib and delphi 2006? I have downloaded a
port a while ago but I don't remember from where
OK, these are the first two hits:
cc.borland.com/Item.aspx
www.usercontrol.com.br/modules.php
I have have also done a port myself, but haven't released it yet, because I
wanted to wait for the owner of the rxlib project on sourceforge to answer,
but he never came back to me :-(
MfG
twm

Eric Carlson writes:
I only really used the RxGifAnimator. So does anyone know another,
preferably stand alone as I don't need another full component suite.
Must still be Delphi 7 compatible. Alternatively if I am wide of the mark
about RxLib being out of date I would appreciate more info on that,
thanks.
If I am not mistaken, the RxLib controls were rolled into the JVCL.
--
Nick Hodges -- TeamB
Dunn Solutions Group -- www.dunnsolutions.com

Re:Moving from Delphi 7 to D2006 and RxLib now defunct need Gif animator

ttp://www.usercontrol.com.br/modules.php

I have have also done a port myself, but haven't released it yet, because I
wanted to wait for the owner of the rxlib project on sourceforge to answer,
but he never came back to me :-(
FYI the Rxlib project was donated to the Jedi team. It is part now of the (JCL ?) JVCL library.

Nick Hodges [TeamB] writes:
Eric Carlson writes:

>I only really used the RxGifAnimator. So does anyone know another,
>preferably stand alone as I don't need another full component suite.
>Must still be Delphi 7 compatible. Alternatively if I am wide of the mark
>about RxLib being out of date I would appreciate more info on that,
>thanks.

If I am not mistaken, the RxLib controls were rolled into the JVCL.
Yes, that is right, this happened around 2002 if I remember correctly.
In the JVCL, the TRxGifAnimator has been renamed to TJvGIFAnimator.
Cheers
Olivier Sannier
JVCL Coordinator

Re:Moving from Delphi 7 to D2006 and RxLib now defunct need Gif animator

home20.inet.tele.dk/tolderlund/delphi/
This has TGIFImage that animates files just fine.
/Matthew Jones/

Re:Moving from Delphi 7 to D2006 and RxLib now defunct need Gif animator

Hi Stephane,
Stephane Wierzbicki writes:
>I have have also done a port myself, but haven't released it yet, because
>I wanted to wait for the owner of the rxlib project on sourceforge to
>answer, but he never came back to me :-(
FYI the Rxlib project was donated to the Jedi team. It is part now of the
(JCL ?) JVCL library.
Yes, I know that. What I wanted to do with the rxlib project was put it into
maintenance mode, that is, only port it to newer Delphi versions but not
add to it at all. There are still quite a lot of projects out there that
use rxlib but where the programmers can not be bothered to switch to jvcl (I
maintain several of these at work.)
MfG
twm