Re: Help file generation

2007-01-11 09:56:40 PM
delphi135
Ken Randall writes:

I have been using HelpScribble for some time but this is now rather dated
and doesn't seem to be being enhanced anymore.

Can anyone please recommend a replacement for me? I'd rather this
recommendation came from users rather than vendors :)

Ken

Hi,
Have a look at HelpNDoc. it is WYSISWYG.
Cheers,
Phillip Flores
"Track you time...use VeriTime"
www.pcfworks.com

Re: Help file generation

HelpMaker (vizacc.com) is pretty powerful for a freeware app, even though it
has some minor glitches, and I think they coming out with a new version
soon.
Rael

Re: Help file generation

Ken Randall writes:
David,

I have the last update. For me is a case of wysiwyg not being ideal.
When I am editing a topic I'd like to be able to see the images
as well. although I don't mind a seperate editor for them.

Ken
Thanks, Ken. I hardly ever include images, so I can see why that
limitation wouldn't have been obvious to me!
Cheers,
David

Re: Help file generation

www.helpandmanual.com/

Seconded. Personally, I hate writing help files. But Help & Manual is the
first product that has actually made this task enjoyable!
Once you try it, you definitely won't look back.
--
Regards,
Rich Ackerson

Re: Help file generation

"Ken Randall" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

I have been using HelpScribble for some time but this is now rather dated
and doesn't seem to be being enhanced anymore.

Can anyone please recommend a replacement for me? I'd rather this
recommendation came from users rather than vendors :)

Another vote for Help and Manual. I started with HelpScribble too, but once
I used H&M a couple of years ago, help file and manual writing actually
became fun.
Dave White

Re: Help file generation

>I have been using HelpScribble for some time but this is now rather
dated
>and doesn't seem to be being enhanced anymore.
>
>Can anyone please recommend a replacement for me? I'd rather this
>recommendation came from users rather than vendors :)

Another vote for Help and Manual. I started with HelpScribble too, but
once
I used H&M a couple of years ago, help file and manual writing actually
became fun.
The drop down toggles are especially handy..