CodeSite 3 / Delphi 2007 / Vista

2008-06-12 07:19:06 AM
delphi149
I recently moved my development environment from an XP Pro machine to Vista
64. I have Delphi for Win32 2007, a few components and CodeSite 3.0.1.
Everything worked fine on the XP Pro box and everything seems to work fine
on the Vista machine as well, except that CodeSite messages don't get
through to the dispatcher anymore.
CodeSite 3.0.1 is for Delphi 2006, but since Delphi 2007 is
binary-compatible with 2006, I just manually added the CodeSite library,
which is what I had done previously and has worked for quite some time. I
can query the CodeSite object at runtime and see that it is indeed enabled.
I even dropped the CSGlobalObject and a CodeSiteDestination object on and
hooked it all up (which is something I have never needed to do before).
One other thing that tells me this is working correctly is that the CS
Dispatcher icon appears in the system notification area. And if I close it,
it reappears when my program tries to send a CS message. This has got to be
a Vista security issue, but where is it?
(BTW, I tried using the Raize newsgroups, but they don't seem to be
available.)
--
David Cornelius
CorneliusConcepts.com

Re:CodeSite 3 / Delphi 2007 / Vista

Hi David,
By default, Windows Vista does not allow window messages to be sent across
processes, which is how the logging classes communicate with the dispatcher
by default. Fortunately, we are able to add appropriate entries to the
Dispatcher manifest in CodeSite 4 to work around this limitation. As a
result, we recommend that you upgrade to CS4 when working with Vista. As a
CS3 user, you are entitled to special upgrade pricing.
As for the newsgroups, we are aware of the situation, and are anxiously
waiting for our ISP to get them back up and running.
Ray
[...]

Ray,
Very interesting. Well, it is high time to upgrade--it looks like CS4
has been out about 2 years!
Thanks for the note.
--
David Cornelius
CorneliusConcepts.com

Re:CodeSite 3 / Delphi 2007 / Vista

Ray,
| As for the newsgroups, we are aware of the situation, and are
| anxiously waiting for our ISP to get them back up and running.
Welcome back. <g>
06/13/2008 08:39:31
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's Salutation mod]