Copy File using appserver

2005-12-21 03:15:02 AM
delphi246
I would like to set up a routine that can copy files from a client app
to a server using com technology. I want the copying of files to be
multi threaded from the client. Can someone give me some tips or point
me to articles that will show me how to do this.

Re:Copy File using appserver

D-Fan writes:
I would like to set up a routine that can copy files from a client
app to a server using com technology. I want the copying of files to
be multi threaded from the client. Can someone give me some tips or
point me to articles that will show me how to do this.
See bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,25982,00.html
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:Copy File using appserver

an excellent article but it covers nothing about how to use threads when
using an appserver. Is there an issue here when using threads or do you
use this a typical thread process?

D-Fan writes:
an excellent article but it covers nothing about how to use threads
when using an appserver. Is there an issue here when using threads
or do you use this a typical thread process?
I have never tried using multiple threads through the IAppServer
interface. I have no idea if that would work or not. Perhaps someone
else knows.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Bill Todd writes:
D-Fan writes:

>an excellent article but it covers nothing about how to use threads
>when using an appserver. Is there an issue here when using threads
>or do you use this a typical thread process?

I have never tried using multiple threads through the IAppServer
interface. I have no idea if that would work or not. Perhaps someone
else knows.
Depending on your threading model in the app server each new client
connection should be its own thread. You can use worker threads on the
server. I usally use them for server related tasks though, not client
requests.
--
--------------
Joe Bain

Re:Copy File using appserver

an excellent article but it covers nothing about how to use threads
when using an appserver. Is there an issue here when using threads
or do you use this a typical thread process?
What I do is create a new connection, use it as usual and free it
within the secondary thread's Execute method. Don't forget to call
CoInitializeEx/CoUninitialize there, too.
If the thread's execution involves multiple calls to the appserver, I
use PostMessage back to main thread's VCL forms to show progress. I
also use FreeOnTerminate = False, keep any returned values in the
thread's instance data and then read them in the main thread's
OnTerminate handler (also check for FatalException which may have
occured within the thread), and finally free the thread class
instance.
It works fine with custom appserver methods as well as client
datasets.
HTH
TOndrej

Re:Copy File using appserver

Im using fileService od kbmMW.
Its the best I thing but its not in COM technology.
Before the kbmMW I was using COM tecnology and there was many problems.
If you want you can examine it at www.components4developers.com/
"D-Fan" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes