ADO - Oracle - Proc - Cursor - Error

2005-10-14 11:06:30 PM
delphi195
I've had the classic error that I have yet to see an answer posted on on
any of the boards. The problem is when using ADO & Oracle in Delphi
and trying to return a cursor from a stored procedure. When I create a
Stored Procedure, and then try to turn the parameter from "unknown" to
"cursor" it gives me the message "Agruments are of the wrong type, are
out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another".
Now I **know** there is a solution to this because in February (9
months ago) I stumbled upon it, but I didn't write down what I did....
yes I am a moron. But anyways, what I do know is that I recall reading
an obscure article that made some reference to a driver update, I can't
remember if it was for Oracle or Microsoft. So I have tried various
things to make it work and so far I have not had any luck.
Oracle 9
Delphi 7
MDAC 2.8
ODBC 3.5
Any suggestions? Has anyone else had luck with this? This has now
become a HUGE stumbling block for this project.

Re:ADO - Oracle - Proc - Cursor - Error

On 14 Oct 2005 08:06:30 -0700, QuentinJS writes:
Any suggestions? Has anyone else had luck with this? This has now
become a HUGE stumbling block for this project.
Hoi Quentin
You need to repost your question using the Borland news server, if you want
to find somebody to help you with an answer.
Take a look here:
<tinyurl.com/8m5nw>
which links to
<delphi.wikicities.com/wiki/Delphi_Newsgroups>