Re: Further SMTP problems with XP

2004-08-24 03:02:56 AM
delphi50
In article <412a2bdd$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>,
XXXX@XXXXX.COM says...
Having sorted out my SMTP authentication problem (posted recently), I have
found further problems, all of which occur in XP and not in W2K. I am using
an NMSMTP component in D5.

If I try and send an email with an invalid address, in the W2K the OnFailure
event is triggered normally and I can take it from there. However, in XP,
the same invalid address creates an error message saying '550 Incomplete
envelope information' and the OnFailure event is not triggered.

Can I get round this or are the Fastnet components in D5 just not suitable
for XP?

Thanks.

The NM controls haven't been updated since 1996, dDo you really want to
use components THAT old and buggy? You won't get much sympathy from
anyone here if you do not change to Indy or ICS.

"Tim" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

"eshipman" <mr_delphi_developer@yahoo!!!.com>writes

>The NM controls haven't been updated since 1996, dDo you really want to
>use components THAT old and buggy? You won't get much sympathy from
>anyone here if you do not change to Indy or ICS.

OK, fair point. I assumed that SMTP was a pretty basic protocol and
unlikely
to be a problem. However, I will try ICS. Thanks.

Tim, there are also Synapse internet blocking 'components' which are
excellent as well :-)
Synapse uses units that you include as needed and no components need be
installed which is nice...
www.ararat.cz/synapse/