Re: Delphi 8 .NET 2

2004-08-04 10:13:57 PM
delphi142
Thomas Edison writes:
>I just want my Delphi 8 apps to look like my Delphi 7 apps with XPManifest.

You do know that you can already achieve this, right?
Is this the same as Application.EnableVisualStyles? I seem to remember
reading that there was a problem and you needed to call
Application.ProcessMessages after it to get it working, but it worked.
--
Leonel
www.techtips.com.br

Re: Delphi 8 .NET 2

Actually, I have always written my own courseware (since Delphi 5), and
Borland decided to license my courseware for world-wide use by Borland
and its Learning Partners. that is slightly different than getting the
assignment of writing Borland's courseware in the first place (right now
it's still mine, but licensed by Borland ;-)
Yep, The copyright is yours! Thank you for makes this clear here.
Delphi 8 was the first Delphi release for the .NET Framework, so
everything was new (there was also a new Help format for example, and
new ways to write components, new OTA, etc.). This has an impact on the
availability of things like documentation and courseware. But with
future releases of Delphi, I have a feeling that this will no longer be
a problem (help and documentation can only grow from now on)...
I believe past Delphi versions also got important help file updates in
service packs. Don't know if this is a good thing.
Groetjes, Rick

Re: Delphi 8 .NET 2

Holger Flick writes:
D7? You mean D8?

Rudy Velthuis writes:

>Thomas Edison writes:
>
>>Your app should now use XP themes when they're enabled.
>
>IIRC, the Delphi 7 help even explains this. Didn't install Delphi on this
>laptop yet, so I may be wrong.
No, it is the same for all executables, and not related to .NET. The
help of Delphi 7 explains it.
--
Rudy Velthuis

Re: Delphi 8 .NET 2

Leonel writes:
Thomas Edison writes:
>>I just want my Delphi 8 apps to look like my Delphi 7 apps with XPManifest.
>
>You do know that you can already achieve this, right?

Is this the same as Application.EnableVisualStyles? I seem to
remember reading that there was a problem and you needed to call
Application.ProcessMessages after it to get it working, but it worked.
There are slight differences, IIRC.
--
Rudy Velthuis