FastMM question - error upon closing app

2007-11-03 02:20:29 PM
delphi65
I have an app that raises the following error when closed:
Project ... raised exception class EListError with message 'List index out
of bounds (0)'. ...
The error only occurs when using the FastMM unit. Without it, the app
closes fine.
What is this a symptom of? Thanks.
Ray Mond

Re:FastMM question - error upon closing app

Ray Mond writes:
I have an app that raises the following error when closed:

Project ... raised exception class EListError with message 'List
index out of bounds (0)'. ...

The error only occurs when using the FastMM unit. Without it, the
app closes fine.

What is this a symptom of?
The obvious answer to that is; probably a bug in your code <g>
There is not much info provided, so I start wild guessing. Your
accessing a list type object (can be anything) in some event on a list
which was just cleared.
When running from within the IDE and when you get this error and press
the break-button then press Ctrl+Alt+S to view the stack-trace, does
that provide some useful information about the origin of the exception?
--
Pieter

Re:FastMM question - error upon closing app

Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion. It was actually a bug in a 3rd party component,
of which they have since fixed it.
Ray Mond

Re:FastMM question - error upon closing app

Ray,
Can you tell which component it is? I have a problem that is exactly
similar. With FastMM, I get an Index out of bound (0) error when quitting,
even after all my forms have been destroyed, so my guess was this it was a
3rd party component.
Richard
"Ray Mond" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Thanks for the suggestion. It was actually a bug in a 3rd party
component, of which they have since fixed it.

Ray Mond

Re:FastMM question - error upon closing app

TPlusMemoU.
Ray Mond