BDS2006 ECO/Together/Model/Diagram Resources

2006-03-04 01:28:45 AM
delphi75
I've spent the last 8 hours trying to create a diagram in BDS2006.
No luck so far.
I've been using Delphi since 1994, and am new to BDS* (previously used
Delphi 7/Kylix).
What I would really like is something that tells me HOW to do things, rather
than all the stuff I can currently find which tells me WHAT I can do (or
in my case NOT do).
The manuals with BDS, all the googling and searching has come up with
nothing.
I just want to create a WebForm, attach a model to it and do all the
stuff the chart says I can do with BDS 2006 Enterprise.
I know I can not do state diagrams and a couple of other things.... but
it's getting pretty painful wandering around the product like a n00b
trying to even CREATE a diagram.
Thanks.
PS: There is no Delphi.Together newsgroup, and the other together
newsgroups don't welcome us Delphi n00bs.

Re:BDS2006 ECO/Together/Model/Diagram Resources

Me too, I need to update my skills in Delphi but lack of info distract me
from my daily work

[...]

Talking of how to do things: a good adress for finding information is
www.howtodothings.com/computers--technology/c56-eco.html.

The manuals with BDS, all the googling and searching has come up with
nothing.

I just want to create a WebForm, attach a model to it and do all the stuff
the chart says I can do with BDS 2006 Enterprise.
Why don't have a look at
www.bitwisemag.com/copy/delphi/swart/blog1.html
I know I can not do state diagrams and a couple of other things.... but it's
getting pretty painful wandering around the product like a n00b trying to
even CREATE a diagram.

Thanks.

PS: There is no Delphi.Together newsgroup, and the other together
newsgroups don't welcome us Delphi n00bs.
try borland.public.delphi.modeldrivenarchitecture.eco
Hope that helps to start,
Michael

From: "Christopher Burke" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>
>I just want to create a WebForm, attach a model to it and do all the stuff
>the chart says I can do with BDS 2006 Enterprise.

Why don't have a look at
www.bitwisemag.com/copy/delphi/swart/blog1.html
I had a look at that.... but "ECO ASP.NET Web Application" isn't in my
list....
The other link you provided seems to be afflicted with some problem :)
Thanks though.

Christopher Burke writes:
PS: There is no Delphi.Together newsgroup, and the other together
newsgroups don't welcome us Delphi n00bs.
Did you try the ECO newsgroups. This is where most of the folks working
with ECO hang out.

Re:BDS2006 ECO/Together/Model/Diagram Resources

ECO is the best in bds2006, isnīt product like eco in visual studio.
kind regards
Frank
"David Farrell-Garcia" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>escribi?en el
mensaje news:4408f9b6$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
Christopher Burke writes:

>PS: There is no Delphi.Together newsgroup, and the other together
>newsgroups don't welcome us Delphi n00bs.

Did you try the ECO newsgroups. This is where most of the folks working
with ECO hang out.

Re:BDS2006 ECO/Together/Model/Diagram Resources

Frank writes:
ECO is the best in bds2006, isn4t product like eco in visual studio.

No there is no product like ECO in VS. They do have modeling tools but
they are proprietary (not UML based) and lack many features associated
with MDA type tools. There are 3rd party solutions for VS that are MDA
based but most of the ones I have looked at lack the full feature set
of ECO and do not adhere as closely to the MDA standard (OMG.org).

Christopher Burke writes:
I've spent the last 8 hours trying to create a diagram in BDS2006.
Here's what I did:
* New Delphi.Net Winform app
* Switch to model view
* IDE informs me modeling support is not turned on, and asks if I want
that. I said yes.
* Righ-click the top node in the model view tree, select Add | Class
Diagram.
Exp: New class diagram to open
Act: New class diagram open
If you have ECO specific questions, you are most welcome to the .eco ng.
--Jesper