Anyone want a full set of The Delphi Magazine

2006-07-09 06:13:58 PM
delphi98
I am currently property downsizing and need to clear some bookshelf space.
I need to clear out my complete collection of the Delphi Magazine. This
includes every printed issue since issue 1 (plus every issue of the Pascal
Magazine that preceded it).
I am not looking to make money out of this. All I wish to do is cover the
shipping costs, which in the UK will be approx 15 GBP. I am happy to ship
internationally but shipping would obviously cost a lot more, because of the
weight.
Anyone interested, before I stick them on eBay?
--
regards,
John

Re:Anyone want a full set of The Delphi Magazine

Hi Liz,
If you email me privately with your address details etc, we can sort out
payment.
--
regards,
John
John O'Harrow writes:

>I am not looking to make money out of this. All I wish to do is
>cover the shipping costs, which in the UK will be approx 15 GBP. I
>am happy to ship internationally but shipping would obviously cost a
>lot more, because of the weight.

for ?15 ish? sure.. Im game. Ive never read any of them, so I think it
could be interesting.

--
Liz the Brit
Delphi things I have released: www.xcalibur.co.uk/DelphiThings

John O'Harrow writes:
Anyone interested, before I stick them on eBay?
Tim Jarvis, probably <g>
--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]

Re:Anyone want a full set of The Delphi Magazine

Dave Nottage [TeamB] writes:
Tim Jarvis, probably <g>
AFAIK he is in Australia and not UK, eh?
--
Holger
Blog: www.flickdotnet.de

Holger Flick writes:
>Tim Jarvis, probably <g>

AFAIK he is in Australia and not UK, eh?
He was in the UK for a while.
Tim knows what I am talking about. I will let him tell the story if he's
willing to share <g>
--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]

Dave Nottage [TeamB] writes:
Holger Flick writes:

>>Tim Jarvis, probably <g>
>
>AFAIK he is in Australia and not UK, eh?

He was in the UK for a while.

Tim knows what I am talking about. I will let him tell the story if he's
willing to share <g>
ok, What Dave is talking about is this...When I was in the UK I did in
fact have the entire Delphi Magazine Suite from Issue 1 through to
Issue 103, unfortunately in a rash moment I decided it was too
expensive to ship them home to Australia (as I also had the CD) and I
tried to give them away, but left it too late and those very few (2)
people who wanted them could not organise to pick them up from London
in time (and too expensive to ship) subsequently on the Day I left,
they went into the bin < I Know, I can hear the groans from here>
In hindsight I should have at the very least kept the issues that are
now no longer possible to get, IIRC issues 1, 2 and 4 (I had'em all)
Cheers.
--
Tim Jarvis
Product Evangelist (DTG Group)

Tim Jarvis writes:
they went into the bin < I Know, I can hear the groans from here>
And you tell me this when my Squash partner is out of town? :-)
--
Holger
Blog: www.flickdotnet.de

Re:Anyone want a full set of The Delphi Magazine

AFAIK he is in Australia and not UK, eh?
Dave knows that. Dave is there as well :-)
Cheers,
Jim Cooper
Jim Cooper XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Skype : jim.cooper
Tabdee Ltd www.tabdee.ltd.uk
TurboSync - Connecting Delphi to your Palm

Jim Cooper writes:
Dave knows that. Dave is there as well :-)
I had coffee with him on Friday morning (which is when I heard the TDM
story) without leaving the country, so I guess that means we're in the
same country, at least <g>
--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]

Dave Nottage [TeamB] writes:
so I guess that means we're in the
same country, at least <g>
Although I have never seen you both in the same room at the same
time........
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi/C# Product Manager - Borland/DevCo

Dave Nottage [TeamB] writes:
so I guess that means we're in the
same country, at least <g>
for now :-)
I'll be in Singapore next week, and then the following week I will be in
Malasia, Thailand and Indonesia.
--
Tim Jarvis
Product Evangelist (DTG Group)

Re:Anyone want a full set of The Delphi Magazine

On 10 Jul 2006 18:18:26 -0700, "Nick Hodges (Borland/DevCo)"
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
Dave Nottage [TeamB] writes:

>so I guess that means we're in the
>same country, at least <g>

Although I have never seen you both in the same room at the same
time........
Are you implying Dave Nottage is Tim Jarvis? Or Tim Jarvis is Dave Nottage?
Hmm.... That could be done... Looking at the photos of Dave and Tim (who never
have appeared publicly side-by-side), I guess we'll have to pad Dave up... and
make Dave more of a vile Victorian. ;o)

Chee Wee Chua (Borland Support) writes:
Are you implying Dave Nottage is Tim Jarvis? Or Tim Jarvis is Dave
Nottage?

Hmm.... That could be done... Looking at the photos of Dave and Tim
(who never have appeared publicly side-by-side), I guess we'll have
to pad Dave up... and make Dave more of a vile Victorian. ;o)
Carefull CheeKee, I will be seeing you in a couple days !
--
Tim Jarvis
Product Evangelist (DTG Group)

Re:Anyone want a full set of The Delphi Magazine

Carefull CheeKee
Glad to see the name is sticking :-)

Jim Cooper writes:
Glad to see the name is sticking :-)