Turbo Delphi Professional - where is the command line compiler?

2006-09-14 03:14:30 AM
delphi280
Hi there,
just received german TurboDelphi Professional today. I installed and
registered it, but there is no dcc32.exe (command line compiler).
Turbo FAQ says that the command line compiler will be provided for
download. I logged in at BDN, but I am not able to find the download
for the command line compiler. Can someone help me? I need the command
line compiler...
Thanks,
Patrick

Re:Turbo Delphi Professional - where is the command line compiler?

Patrick Hollerbach writes:
Hi there,

just received german TurboDelphi Professional today. I installed and
registered it, but there is no dcc32.exe (command line compiler).
Turbo FAQ says that the command line compiler will be provided for
download. I logged in at BDN, but I am not able to find the download
for the command line compiler. Can someone help me? I need the command
line compiler...

Thanks,
Patrick
It's not on the Delphi Developers pages where I'd have looked for it:
www.borland.com/downloads/registered/download_bds.html
www.borland.com/downloads/registered/download_delphi.html
Manually crafting a Delphi Developers URL
www.borland.com/downloads/registered/download_turbo.html
just 404's.
Looks like they haven't gotten around to it yet.
--
-Brion
There's no such thing as 'one, true way;'

Re:Turbo Delphi Professional - where is the command line compiler?

Nick Hodges writes:
Patrick --

It is in the works.
Hmm. Seems like the best way to do business would be to have all of this
in place before taking people's money, woudn't you say?
Then again, if this is just another example of the Borland IT people
dragging their feet, we can only hope it will get better once the split
is complete.
Rick Carter
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re:Turbo Delphi Professional - where is the command line compiler?

"Nick Hodges (Borland/DTG)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

It is in the works.

Additionally, what I'd have hoped to see is something like:
"In the meantime, I will organise to have a copy sent directly to you to avoid
any further inconvenience."
or at least,
"It should be available within 24 hours"

Chris Burrows writes:

"In the meantime, I will organise to have a copy sent directly to you
to avoid any further inconvenience."

or at least,

"It should be available within 24 hours"
Sadly, I can not do or say either of those things.
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi/C# Product Manager - Borland DTG

Chris Burrows writes:

>"In the meantime, I will organise to have a copy sent directly to you
>to avoid any further inconvenience."
>
>or at least,
>
>"It should be available within 24 hours"

Sadly, I can not do or say either of those things.

OK - that is a pity - must be a source of frustration for you. I am guessing
it's something to do with Borland red-tape. I had similar experiences in the
past when working for a substantial corporation. It once took me an exchange
of about twenty emails over a few weeks to get one page on the corporate
website updated. I am hoping, and am optimistic, that things will improve
significantly once DevCo breaks free of the apron-strings.

Nick Hodges (Borland/DTG) writes:
Sadly, I can not do or say either of those things.
You are the product manager, so what can you do for him?

Re:Turbo Delphi Professional - where is the command line compiler?

Hi Nick,
On 13 Sep 2006 15:05:07 -0700 "Nick Hodges (Borland/DTG)"
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
Patrick --

It is in the works.
thanks for your reply. How long will it take?
Pls try to understand me - I purchased a product which costs a lot of
money and I was convinced that this product is a full-featured Version
of Turbodelphi 2006 Professional, including the command line compiler.
Regards,
Patrick

Re:Turbo Delphi Professional - where is the command line compiler?

Hi Rick,
On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 00:07:29 +0100 "Rick Carter"
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
Hmm. Seems like the best way to do business would be to have all of this
in place before taking people's money, woudn't you say?

Then again, if this is just another example of the Borland IT people
dragging their feet, we can only hope it will get better once the split
is complete.
Just like one song from "Meat Loaf" says: You took the words right out
of my mouth ;-)
I'm not very happy with that. I will phone borland germany today for a
statement.

Chris Burrows writes:

OK - that is a pity - must be a source of frustration for you.
You win "Understatement of the Week!". ;-)
--

Clinton R. Johnson writes:
You are the product manager, so what can you do for him?
I can battle with the bureaucracy and eventually get the items posted.
--

just received german TurboDelphi Professional today. I installed and
registered it, but there is no dcc32.exe (command line compiler).
Turbo FAQ says that the command line compiler will be provided for
download. I logged in at BDN, but I am not able to find the download
for the command line compiler. Can someone help me? I need the command
line compiler...
You could use the one from BDS2006 ;-) This works perfectly however you
will have to own a double license...
--
cu,
Michael

Re:Turbo Delphi Professional - where is the command line compiler?

Nick Hodges (Borland/DTG) writes:
I can battle with the bureaucracy and eventually get the items posted.
That's really kinda sad. You are supposed to be near the appex of said
bureaucracy, thus the whole point of being a product manager.
Presumably that should give you a little extra weight to bring to bear
on the situation.
Well, here is hoping that once DTG is actually seperate you won't have
to fight such stupid battles. (ya, I know, you can not reply to that, or
if you do, you have to take the company line rather than anything more
honestly felt...)

Clinton R. Johnson writes:
That's really kinda sad. You are supposed to be near the appex of said
bureaucracy, thus the whole point of being a product manager.
Presumably that should give you a little extra weight to bring to bear
on the situation.
Do we know that? How many VP/EVP/Directors are above a "Product Manager",
and need to be consulted? And furthermore, the Web Site folks report
through a completely different chain. Any sufficiently large organization
makes cooperation a pita.
--

Clinton R. Johnson writes:
You are supposed to be near the appex of said
bureaucracy, thus the whole point of being a product manager.
Not really. There are many layers above me in the Borland hierarchy,
which will hopefully disappear soon. Plus, of course, the web group is
their own little fiefdom.
Well, here is hoping that once DTG is actually seperate you won't have
to fight such stupid battles. (ya, I know, you can not reply to that, or
if you do, you have to take the company line rather than anything more
honestly felt...)
One can hope.