Delphi for PHP database support

2007-02-21 10:26:16 AM
delphi198
I saw this in one of the articles on the web:
"Also featured is support for the MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server and
InterBase databases"
My question will PHP for Delphi support PostgreSQL databases?
I know PHP has full support for PostgreSQL.
Just wondering.
Later,
--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design

Re:Delphi for PHP database support

Tony Caduto writes:
<snip>
"Also featured is support for the MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server and
InterBase databases"

My question will PHP for Delphi support PostgreSQL databases?
I know PHP has full support for PostgreSQL.
<snip>
Well taking the simpleton approach, if it is not listed that it is,
it is most likely that it isn't.
So in this case, it is quite safe to assume that it does not support
PostgreSQL databases, out of the box....
You will no doubt be able to add it afterwards, but likely have no IDE
support for it.
--

Tony Caduto <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
I saw this in one of the articles on the web:
"Also featured is support for the MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server and
InterBase databases"

I know PHP has full support for PostgreSQL.

Just wondering.

Later,

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design
Home of Lightning Admin for PostgreSQL and MySQL
www.amsoftwaredesign.com
To add to your question for one more database: Firbird!
Will there be Firebird support "in the GUI"?

Re:Delphi for PHP database support

Marco Caspers escribi?
So in this case, it is quite safe to assume that it does not support
PostgreSQL databases, out of the box....
You could use PostgreSQL with the data access components, there won't be
support in the Data Explorer for it.
You will no doubt be able to add it afterwards, but likely have no IDE
support for it.
You are 100% right ;-)
Regards

Re:Delphi for PHP database support

My question will PHP for Delphi support PostgreSQL databases?
I know PHP has full support for PostgreSQL.
From the Codegear announcement:
'VCL for PHP is based on the most popular open source PHP scripts and
libraries, including Qooxdoo, Adodb,....'
Adodb is the keyword, if you look u theire site
(adodb.sourceforge.net/) it show the supported databases on this
page: phplens.com/adodb/supported.databases.html
For me (with Oracle database servers) AdoDb looks as the only option in
PHP-Land as it has active development on theire oci8 wrapper.
All in all I think it was the best choice they could have made.
regards,
Martin

Re:Delphi for PHP database support

Delphi for PHP is based on QStudio, so you can find more information about
it here:
www.qadram.com/products.php
"brekhof" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>My question will PHP for Delphi support PostgreSQL databases?
>I know PHP has full support for PostgreSQL.

Re:Delphi for PHP database support

Buen trabajo
Habra manera de desarrollar y añadir nuevos componentes como en Delphi?
Saludos
www.myspace.com/turboexplorer

Re:Delphi for PHP database support

chapulin escribi?
Buen trabajo
Habra manera de desarrollar y añadir nuevos componentes como en Delphi?

Saludos
www.myspace.com/turboexplorer
Yes, in fact it works almost the same, you have packages, design-time
support, property editors, component editors, you will feel very
comfortable... ;-)
Regards