Re: OT: CoolIris releases PicLens 1.6 for Firefox Mac & Win

2008-01-20 01:46:47 AM
delphi43
Joanna,
| Fuji Velvia is a transparency film, ...
I used to use 35mm Ektachrome transparency film. I have never shot large
format. Although I thoroughly agree with your reasons for shooting it!
Ansel Adams would have agreed with you. <g>
Keep up the good work!!!
01/19/2008 10:43:21
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's Salutation mod]

Q Correll a écrit :
Ansel Adams would have agreed with you. <g>
Now there's a man who knows how to make a good photograph :-)
Keep up the good work!!!
Thanks, you're welcome to book mark my site.
Joanna
--
Joanna Carter [TeamB]
Consultant Software Engineer

Re: OT: CoolIris releases PicLens 1.6 for Firefox Mac & Win

Joanna,
| Thanks, you're welcome to book mark my site.
Done. <g>
01/19/2008 15:22:43
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's Salutation mod]

Re: OT: CoolIris releases PicLens 1.6 for Firefox Mac & Win

Q Correll writes:
Danny,

>Details here:

Looks very interesting. Almost wish I had a use for it. <g>

BTW,... right margin... "Borland"... perhaps change to something akin
to" CodeGear (nee Borland)?
The name on the paycheck said "Borland". I have never worked for
CodeGear.
Quite frankly, Borland still has much more name recognition in the
software industry than CodeGear. (As in, "Whatever happened to
Borland, that did all that stuff in the 90's?")
Since Illium was built on the ashes of Troy, does that mean we're
supposed to rename the Battle of Troy to the Battle of Illium?
I think not.
-Danny
--
Discover More with CoolIris: www.cooliris.com
Architect of Disruption: www.dannythorpe.com

Re: OT: CoolIris releases PicLens 1.6 for Firefox Mac & Win

Danny,
| I think not.
Understood.
01/23/2008 09:09:29
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's Salutation mod]

Re: OT: CoolIris releases PicLens 1.6 for Firefox Mac & Win

Eric Grange writes:
Any plans to get this working on the PS3 or the PS3 browser?
(for FullHD, yeah, I will sheepishly admit a PS3 replaced my HTPC)

Could also be a nice screensaver/visualization tool, with it getting
images "relevant" to the music being played (from the web or the HD)

Eric
Hi Eric,
I have yet to hear any positive opinions about the Sony dev tools for
PS3. PS3 support isn't worth a siege; it would have to be a quick in
and out.
As long as the PS3 tools cost $10,000 per developer seat, the answer is
"Hell no." (www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php
It would be interesting to take on a PS3 version of PicLens, but it
doesn't look like Sony is interested in nurturing a grass-roots
development culture. It looks to me like Sony wants high-stakes large
publishers to make a large financial and engineering commitment to PS3.
I would be delighted if my information is incorrect.
-Danny
--
Discover More with CoolIris: www.cooliris.com
Architect of Disruption: www.dannythorpe.com

Re: OT: CoolIris releases PicLens 1.6 for Firefox Mac & Win

As long as the PS3 tools cost $10,000 per developer seat, the answer is
"Hell no." (www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php
Yes, that is the price AFAIK, though it is not that insanely expensive
since it comes with special hardware and support, compared to other
entreprise dev tools and industry software.
It sure does involve a different business model however, by selling the
software on the PSN f.i. for a few bucks (no idea how CoolIris makes
money currently, I guess that'll involve some form of adverti{*word*224}t? or
maybe an IP saleout?).
Anyway, regardless of the tech & financial side, my point was that since
nextgen consoles have come in, I see the PCs moving out of livingroom
and social activities (like watching photos).
Eric