2nd Request..

2005-04-20 10:59:51 AM
delphi187
I want to know how to get the Contacts from the Outlook in chunks. At the
moment I am able to get the Contacts from Outlook quite quickly, but I am
concerned about future possibility that there could be for e.g. 1000
contacts in my address book. How do I get ....say....the
first 100 contacts and load it and then get the next 100 and load it and so
on instead of getting all the data at once?
Any help would be highly appreciated.
---Mounil.

Re:2nd Request..

Not sure I follow why you would do this ... what if one of the 100 that
you've already loaded gets changed between you getting it and going for
the next 100?
What kind of gap are we talking about you wanting to have between
getting each chunk?
Chris.
I want to know how to get the Contacts from the Outlook in chunks. At
the moment I am able to get the Contacts from Outlook quite quickly,
but I am concerned about future possibility that there could be for
e.g. 1000 contacts in my address book. How do I get ....say....the
first 100 contacts and load it and then get the next 100 and load it
and so on instead of getting all the data at once?
Any help would be highly appreciated.
---Mounil.

Re:2nd Request..

hi Chris,
I was thinking of implementing multithreading into the
application. The user can choose to load contacts from various address books
...Outlook/Outlook Express/any other internal address books. At the moment,
when the user selects to load the contacts from the Outlook, the app kinda
hangs up while it retrieves them...hence, i wanted to know if its a good
idea to implement threads....so the user wont have to wait for the contacts
to load....and can choose to load contacts from the other address books
while the one's from Outlook are still loading.
Mounil.
"Chris Trueman" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Not sure I follow why you would do this ... what if one of the 100 that
you've already loaded gets changed between you getting it and going for
the next 100?

What kind of gap are we talking about you wanting to have between
getting each chunk?

Chris.

>I want to know how to get the Contacts from the Outlook in chunks. At
>the moment I am able to get the Contacts from Outlook quite quickly,
>but I am concerned about future possibility that there could be for
>e.g. 1000 contacts in my address book. How do I get ....say....the
>first 100 contacts and load it and then get the next 100 and load it
>and so on instead of getting all the data at once?
>Any help would be highly appreciated.
>---Mounil.

Re:2nd Request..

if you could call it to return stuff in chunks, you could in between call
Application.ProcessMessages or something to keep the app from looking hang