How to find out if Design-time or Run-time

I'm writing an access method (a procedure that runs when you change the
value of a property) in a component and I want to know if this procedure is
executed at design-time or at run-time...  Is there a way???

If not, how can I Display a message if the programmer enters an invalid
value at design-time and raise an exception if the wrongfull assignation is
done at run-time (through code)??

Thanks in advance to the WisePerson Who Can Help Me...

Bruno
Montral, PQ, CANADA
bru...@infograffiti.com

Re:How to find out if Design-time or Run-time

Bruno Guillemette wrote:

> I'm writing an access method (a procedure that runs when you change the
> value of a property) in a component and I want to know if this procedure is
> executed at design-time or at run-time...  Is there a way???

> If not, how can I Display a message if the programmer enters an invalid
> value at design-time and raise an exception if the wrongfull assignation is
> done at run-time (through code)??

> Thanks in advance to the WisePerson Who Can Help Me...

> Bruno
> Montral, PQ, CANADA
> bru...@infograffiti.com

if csDesigning in ComponentState then ...

Chris Jobson

Other Threads