ADO error 'Current provider does not support the necessary interface for Index functionality'.

Can some one help me figure this one out. Its been driving me nuts.

I am using ADOtable with MS SQL server  both ADOTable.SEEK or
ADOdataset.Seek  returns this error 'Current provider does not support the
necessary interface for Index functionality'.  I have same problem with
Access database.

I have the latest MDAC installed.

I am using a UDL with this connection string
"Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security
Info=False;Initial Catalog=ProposalManagerSQL;Data Source=WIN-2000"

Also if I use Master source all index fileds show up for linkages, but at
execution time error 'Book mark not supported generates' using D5 with ADO
patch applied. SQLServer2000.

What am I missing.

What should I use if not ADOTable I get the sa

Re:ADO error 'Current provider does not support the necessary interface for Index functionality'.

You should use server-side cursor and open table directly, not query.

Regards,
Vassiliev V.V.
http://www.oledbdirect.com

"Vassiliev V.V." <vv_...@iname.com> wrote in message

> You should use server-side cursor and open table directly, not query.

I am using server side cursor and tabledirect.

Re:ADO error 'Current provider does not support the necessary interface for Index functionality'.

Adbul,

There are a total of 13 operations that may not be supported by a recordset
at any one time. They depend on the database, OLEDB Provider and Settings.

IndexNames, Seek and Bookmarks are three of them.

You can modify CursorLocation, CursorTypes,LockTypes and TableMode to cause
any one or more of these operations to become available, although you will
probably be disabling another operation by doing so (Events for example).

Try the settings suggested in this thread.

For Access you will need to be using JET4 & Access2000 for indexNames and
Seek to work.

If you would like to see how settings affect supported functionality then
try with AdoAnywhere www.adoanywhere.com

Mike

"Abdul Basit" <aba...@i-ssis.com> wrote in message

> Can some one help me figure this one out. Its been driving me nuts.

> I am using ADOtable with MS SQL server  both ADOTable.SEEK or
> ADOdataset.Seek  returns this error 'Current provider does not support the
> necessary interface for Index functionality'.  I have same problem with
> Access database.

> I have the latest MDAC installed.

> I am using a UDL with this connection string
> "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security
> Info=False;Initial Catalog=ProposalManagerSQL;Data Source=WIN-2000"

> Also if I use Master source all index fileds show up for linkages, but at
> execution time error 'Book mark not supported generates' using D5 with ADO
> patch applied. SQLServer2000.

> What am I missing.

> What should I use if not ADOTable I get the sa

Re:ADO error 'Current provider does not support the necessary interface for Index functionality'.

>Can some one help me figure this one out. Its been driving me nuts.
>I am using ADOtable with MS SQL server  both ADOTable.SEEK or

I believe Seek is only supported by Jet oledb drivers when
CursorLocation = clUseServer and TableDirect to True to used

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Other Threads