Re:Remote access

<<I am new to ADO (using ADO Express with Delphi 5 Pro) and I am looking for
simple Delphi (not VB) example of how to access data across the net

use our AstaADOServer. check out our demo at www.astatech.com

--
Steve Garland sgarl...@astatech.com
Does your Database run on the Internet? It can!
ASTA: Internet-Ready Client/Server Products & Services
ASTA Technology Group http://www.astatech.com

Re:Remote access

DbOvernet does ADO over the net without any client setup.
However, if you want to do straight ADO, do the following:

Install SQL7 (or other server) on a machine with a visible IP. (If SQL
server allow TCP/IP connections.)
Install newest MDAC on client. (It's pretty automatic)
Create Delphi app with ADOConnection set to the server IP.
Set connection active.
Hook up an ADOquery or table to the connection.
You're ADOing over the net<g>

P.S. send me a check.

"Robert Baker" <zxy...@home.net> wrote in message

> I am new to ADO (using ADO Express with Delphi 5 Pro) and I am looking for
> simple Delphi (not VB) example of how to access data across the net
> including the necessary MDAC and other server and client setup steps that
> are required.  Does anyone know where I could find this info.  I am
prepared
> to pay for an hour or two of assistance to get connected and understand
the
> process.
> Robert Baker

Re:Remote access

Hi Robert,

dbOvernet provides you with what you need:

www.dbOvernet.com

Regards,

Fred R. Dalgleish, C.A., MBA
Dalco Technologies
EMail: i...@dbOvernet.com

Meet the future head-on with dbBridge
and dbOvernet, multi-tier, thin client
solutions for all development tools and
productivity applications:
http://www.dbBridge.com.
http://www.dbOvernet.com

Robert Baker <zxy...@home.net> wrote in message

> I am new to ADO (using ADO Express with Delphi 5 Pro) and I am looking for
> simple Delphi (not VB) example of how to access data across the net
> including the necessary MDAC and other server and client setup steps that
> are required.  Does anyone know where I could find this info.  I am
prepared
> to pay for an hour or two of assistance to get connected and understand
the
> process.
> Robert Baker

Re:Remote access

Hi Robert,

Check out www.Able-consulting.com

They have a page of sample connection strings that should get you on your
way.

Steve Mitchell
Profit Systems Inc.

Robert Baker <zxy...@home.net> wrote in message

> I am new to ADO (using ADO Express with Delphi 5 Pro) and I am looking for
> simple Delphi (not VB) example of how to access data across the net
> including the necessary MDAC and other server and client setup steps that
> are required.  Does anyone know where I could find this info.  I am
prepared
> to pay for an hour or two of assistance to get connected and understand
the
> process.
> Robert Baker

Other Threads