Invalid BLOB Size MSSQL 6.5 (once more)

Hi,

I have tried all the things posted here regarding this problem:

- I inserted a clustered Index in my table
- I increased the BLOB SIZE in BDE

I have no chance storing a large BLOB into my Database, because of serveral
error messages.

Is there anybody out there who can tell me in detail how to configure my
system (MS SQL Server 6.5, BDE 5.0, Delphi 2.01)?

My ODBC-Driver seams to work (SQL Server 2.65), but there are also several
error-messages with larger BLOBs...

And what about live queries on Tables containing BLOB-Fields?

How to update this tables with TQuery and params (Datatyp BLOB is not
listed...)

Slowly but shorly I get in real trouble...

Thanks in advance

Markus Rohlof

Re:Invalid BLOB Size MSSQL 6.5 (once more)

I found this in my sniplets on this topic ..

SEARCH Borland Online/Developer Support

Tech Notes Index

Unable to post blob (text, image, etc) data > 32k
to a Sybase or MSSQL database table via a live TQuery
result even though the table has a unique (clustered/primary)

Date:   10/3/96 1:15pm
Subject:        Image Transfer Problem - Solved!

A little learning experience...

"XYZ" are using Delphi 2.01
(C/S) and MS SQL Server 6.5. They were having problems
transferring large BLOBs into a table...
Easy, just make sure they have a unique single column
index (see READLINK.TXT) and BLOBs larger than 32k will
work without a problem.
Works perfectly using our SQLNT350 server (running MS SQL
Server 6.5). But, it fails for "XYZ"...
We actually have the same version of Delphi, BDE, SQL Links,
SQL Server client software, and MS SQL Server. Same dates,
everything.

Finally after a couple of callbacks, I had him fax me a
SQL Monitor log using a *very* simple table, and a *very*
simple app...

The only difference (apart from geographical location turns
out to be how the customer is logging in. Customer is
logged in as "sa" (sys admin).
Since "sa" doesn't own the table ("dbo" does), the BDE
fails to locate the index, which in turns makes BLOBs
larger than 32k not work...

Changing his select to:
select * from dbo.xyz (instead of select * from xyz)
cleared up the problem.

or

error: "Invalid blob length"

MICROSOFT SQL DRIVER
USING BLOBS GREATER THAN 32K IN SIZE
For tables without a unique index, blobs greater than 32k in
size cannot be used. For tables with unique indexes this is
allowed but, under certain circumstances, placing or retrieving
blobs greater than 32k in size may result in a server error that
indicates the server is trying to unlock a data page that is
already unlocked. This is a problem on the server side and not
SQL Links.

Hope that helps..

Rkr

--