Interbase ODBC driver not listed in the User DSN List

You won't seen an ODBC driver unless you install one...

Here you can find a free one:

http://www.xtgsystems.com/

--
Martijn Tonies
InterBase Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase and Firebird

Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

"This is an object-oriented system.
If we change anything, the users object."

"Guillermo Guerra" < .com> wrote in message news:3c5e9d9b_1@dnews...

> My computer hase IB 5.6 client installed on it. But when I go to the ODBC
> Data Source Administrator to try to make a connection it is not in the
list.
> I 've previously posted a question about installing the ODBC driver on
this
> newsgroup but got no response. I downloaded the Gemini ODBC driver but it
is
> only on a trial basis and lasts 21 days.

> Thanks in advance for your response

Re:Interbase ODBC driver not listed in the User DSN List

My computer hase IB 5.6 client installed on it. But when I go to the ODBC
Data Source Administrator to try to make a connection it is not in the list.
I 've previously posted a question about installing the ODBC driver on this
newsgroup but got no response. I downloaded the Gemini ODBC driver but it is
only on a trial basis and lasts 21 days.

Thanks in advance for your response

Re:Interbase ODBC driver not listed in the User DSN List

I know you have to install it since I installed a driver from Gemini, the
only problem is that it is trialware. The edriver you recommended is finebut
it is for IB6. We are using IB5.6 which comes with a free ODBC driver, but I
have been unable to get it show up in the DSN list. There is no setup
program with it.

"Martijn Tonies" <m.ton...@upscene--remove.com> wrote in message

> You won't seen an ODBC driver unless you install one...

> Here you can find a free one:

> http://www.xtgsystems.com/

> --
> Martijn Tonies
> InterBase Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase and Firebird
> http://www.interbaseworkbench.com

> Upscene Productions
> http://www.upscene.com

> "This is an object-oriented system.
> If we change anything, the users object."

> "Guillermo Guerra" < .com> wrote in message news:3c5e9d9b_1@dnews...
> > My computer hase IB 5.6 client installed on it. But when I go to the
ODBC
> > Data Source Administrator to try to make a connection it is not in the
> list.
> > I 've previously posted a question about installing the ODBC driver on
> this
> > newsgroup but got no response. I downloaded the Gemini ODBC driver but
it
> is
> > only on a trial basis and lasts 21 days.

> > Thanks in advance for your response

Re:Interbase ODBC driver not listed in the User DSN List

Usually there is an option during the IB 5.6 installation where
you can choose the installation of the Intersolv ODBC driver.

HTH,
Thomas Steinmaurer
IB LogManager 2.0 - The Logging Tool for Interbase/Firebird
http://www.iblogmanager.com

"Guillermo Guerra" <gguer...@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> I know you have to install it since I installed a driver from Gemini, the
> only problem is that it is trialware. The edriver you recommended is
finebut
> it is for IB6. We are using IB5.6 which comes with a free ODBC driver, but
> have been unable to get it show up in the DSN list. There is no setup
> program with it.

> "Martijn Tonies" <m.ton...@upscene--remove.com> wrote in message
> > You won't seen an ODBC driver unless you install one...

> > Here you can find a free one:

> > http://www.xtgsystems.com/

> > --
> > Martijn Tonies
> > InterBase Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase and Firebird
> > http://www.interbaseworkbench.com

> > Upscene Productions
> > http://www.upscene.com

> > "This is an object-oriented system.
> > If we change anything, the users object."

> > "Guillermo Guerra" < .com> wrote in message news:3c5e9d9b_1@dnews...
> > > My computer hase IB 5.6 client installed on it. But when I go to the
> ODBC
> > > Data Source Administrator to try to make a connection it is not in the
> > list.
> > > I 've previously posted a question about installing the ODBC driver on
> > this
> > > newsgroup but got no response. I downloaded the Gemini ODBC driver but
> it
> > is
> > > only on a trial basis and lasts 21 days.

> > > Thanks in advance for your response

Other Threads