Quick question: Can IB Components create new database?

Hi,

I had a quick look at the IBConnection component in the help files. Is there
a way to code for the creation of new database, so simplify the
installation? How do you normally get a new user going with a database?

Regards,

Mark Patterson

Re:Quick question: Can IB Components create new database?

You can create a database using the CreateDatabase method of the TIBDatabase
component. To add users in code use the TIBSecurityService component from
the IB Admin page of the component palette.

--
Bill

"Bill Todd (TeamB)" <bill.nos...@dbginc.com> wrote in message

> You can create a database using the CreateDatabase method of the
TIBDatabase
> component. To add users in code use the TIBSecurityService component from
> the IB Admin page of the component palette.

Thanks.

Other Threads