DBGrid loosing its persistent fields width property values

Hello,

I have tried to find out what is going on, but this happens more and more
often.
When I add persistent fields to a grid and give them a width value, it
appears to be ok for some while.
Suddenly, and without no warning or logical reason the fields width property
values overrides by the default values, causing the appearence not to fit in
grid anymore. Scrollbar is turning on.

I've thought that something is wrong with the grid, and build a new one from
scratch.
It lasted for three hours. Now the fields is out of bounds again.
The weird thing about it, is that it is the same grid all the time. Four
others behave normally.

I also made a compound component out of it, on Templates.
So when it cracked again, I just dropped a new one on the form. This was
also out of bounds, but in fewer fields!
So now I give up.

I use Delphi 3 and dBase tables.

Any ideas of what is going on?

--
:)
Kai Inge

"When you know how plain stupid a computer is,
then you know the amount of work behind a intelligent program"

Re:DBGrid loosing its persistent fields width property values

Hello again,

I found the solution.
The underlying table was the offender.
After I made a new one, the problem has not appeared again.

:)
Kai Inge

Ellinor Jensen <elli...@online.no> skrev i
meldingsnyheter:hYt_4.19312$C9.361...@news1.online.no...

> Hello,

> I have tried to find out what is going on, but this happens more and more
> often.
> When I add persistent fields to a grid and give them a width value, it
> appears to be ok for some while.
> Suddenly, and without no warning or logical reason the fields width
property
> values overrides by the default values, causing the appearence not to fit
in
> grid anymore. Scrollbar is turning on.

> I've thought that something is wrong with the grid, and build a new one
from
> scratch.
> It lasted for three hours. Now the fields is out of bounds again.
> The weird thing about it, is that it is the same grid all the time. Four
> others behave normally.

> I also made a compound component out of it, on Templates.
> So when it cracked again, I just dropped a new one on the form. This was
> also out of bounds, but in fewer fields!
> So now I give up.

> I use Delphi 3 and dBase tables.

> Any ideas of what is going on?

> --
> :)
> Kai Inge

> "When you know how plain stupid a computer is,
> then you know the amount of work behind a intelligent program"

Other Threads