Problem with TDBCtrlGrid and Exceptions

I have a problem with validation exceptions with fields in a TDBCtrlGrid.
For example, a 'Fee Amount' field, has to be with in a certain range
depending on the transaction type (cannot use field ranges).  So, I put an
OnValidateField event on the field and do my checking, error found raise an
exception, viola' user sees the error message and clicks 'Ok', now... the
check is done again, without any prompting of my own (thanks to the power
of the TDBCtrlGrid), and the user sees the message again.  Just give it a
try, it works every time.

So, what's the question, how do I prevent the second error check?

Thanks Much in Advance!!!

Cheers,

Dawson M. Schaffer          "Gravity, it's not just a great idea...
Portland, OR                            it's the Law"
darks...@teleport.com