IB6.01 OpenSource License???

Hi all:

Can someone authoratively confirm the number of license (unlimited or
otherwise) that accompanies the IB6.01 Open Source (Windows) from the
Borland Download. I seemed to see a '5' License note accompanying the
IBManager or somewhere.

Thanks

Chris

Re:IB6.01 OpenSource License???

Read the documentation. There is no licensing at all for Open Source.
--
--------------------------------------
Codito ergo sum
"chris" <ch...@infocards.com> wrote in message news:3bcdc87b$1_1@dnews...
> Hi all:

> Can someone authoratively confirm the number of license (unlimited or
> otherwise) that accompanies the IB6.01 Open Source (Windows) from the
> Borland Download. I seemed to see a '5' License note accompanying the
> IBManager or somewhere.

> Thanks

> Chris

Re:IB6.01 OpenSource License???

"chris" <ch...@infocards.com> wrote in message news:3bcdc87b$1_1@dnews...
> Hi all:

> Can someone authoratively confirm the number of license (unlimited or
> otherwise) that accompanies the IB6.01 Open Source (Windows) from the
> Borland Download. I seemed to see a '5' License note accompanying the
> IBManager or somewhere.

Don't download from Borland. Download from <http://mers.com>, choose
the "tagged" build (ib_wi_os_tIB6_0_1_6.exe). This corresponds to the
certified
build from Borland, (AFAIK).

BTW, since this about IBX anymore a better newsgroup would be e.g.
borland.public.interbase.opensource.

--ilkka hyv?rinen

Re:IB6.01 OpenSource License???

Thanks Ilkka, I'll try a different newsgroup for the license question and
also give myers a try.

Regards

Chris

"Ilkka Hyv?rinen" <ilkka-dot-hyvarinen-at-fulcrum-dot-fi> wrote in message

> "chris" <ch...@infocards.com> wrote in message news:3bcdc87b$1_1@dnews...
> > Hi all:

> > Can someone authoratively confirm the number of license (unlimited or
> > otherwise) that accompanies the IB6.01 Open Source (Windows) from the
> > Borland Download. I seemed to see a '5' License note accompanying the
> > IBManager or somewhere.

> Don't download from Borland. Download from <http://mers.com>, choose
> the "tagged" build (ib_wi_os_tIB6_0_1_6.exe). This corresponds to the
> certified
> build from Borland, (AFAIK).

> BTW, since this about IBX anymore a better newsgroup would be e.g.
> borland.public.interbase.opensource.

> --ilkka hyv?rinen

Other Threads