Problems with bc++ 5.02 and w2k

I installed bc++ 5.02 last night from the companion cd that came with C++
Builder 4. I installed only the 32bit sections. Now when it starts up I get
a "cannot find bxbiv32.dll" (sorry, I think that's the dll name, I'm at work
and I forgot to write it down this morning) and then none of the menu items
work. The file does exist in c:\winnt\system, I've tried placing it in the
system32 and the c:\bc5\bin directories, but it still can't find the dll.

I've looked on borland's site for some info on running Borland C++ 5.02 on
Windows 2000, but can't seem to find any. If anyone has some tips on how to
get it working I would really appreciate it. I need this compiler because
that's what the local community college uses and I don't have time to spend
at the lab.

Dan Downs

Re:Problems with bc++ 5.02 and w2k

Correction, the error message I get are:

After starting BC++ 5.02
"Cannot find BIVBX31.DLL"

Dan Downs

Re:Problems with bc++ 5.02 and w2k

never mind, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it with the defaults and it
works now.

Dan Downs

Re:Problems with bc++ 5.02 and w2k

bivbx32.dll is for the old VBX controls (16-bit days..) under 32 bit
applications. Borland provided these dlls to allow users to continue to use
vbx under Win95. I am still have working neurons, it seems to me to remeber
that there were 2 different bivbx dlls, one for Win95 and another one for
NT4.

Bye, Luigi

--
Luigi Bianchi
http://www.luigibianchi.com

"Dan Downs" <ret...@advnet.net> ha scritto nel messaggio

> never mind, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it with the defaults and it
> works now.

> Dan Downs

Re:Problems with bc++ 5.02 and w2k

This is a common problam when installing on w2k.
The installer does not identify the operating system and does not install
this dll.
After instalation, install again and choos to install shortcuts and dll's
only. This will force the installer to copy the dll's regurdless the
operating system.

Avron Tal

"Dan Downs" <d...@laserformsinc.com> wrote in message

> I installed bc++ 5.02 last night from the companion cd that came with C++
> Builder 4. I installed only the 32bit sections. Now when it starts up I
get
> a "cannot find bxbiv32.dll" (sorry, I think that's the dll name, I'm at
work
> and I forgot to write it down this morning) and then none of the menu
items
> work. The file does exist in c:\winnt\system, I've tried placing it in the
> system32 and the c:\bc5\bin directories, but it still can't find the dll.

> I've looked on borland's site for some info on running Borland C++ 5.02 on
> Windows 2000, but can't seem to find any. If anyone has some tips on how
> get it working I would really appreciate it. I need this compiler because
> that's what the local community college uses and I don't have time to
spend
> at the lab.

> Dan Downs

Other Threads