Install tips for D5 on Win2K??

Anyone have a few good tips for installing D5 and 3rd party libs on
Win2K?

I am finding a problem of installing under Admin to get the install
rights and then to develop under a different User ID?

When I go to the other UserID the components are not there since they
are stored in the registry. The second user ID is not local but
authenticates from an NT server.

Any good way to make the installed component info available to an
additional user??

Thanks,

Allen.

Re:Install tips for D5 on Win2K??

"G Allen Casteran" wrote:
> I am finding a problem of installing under Admin to get the install
> rights and then to develop under a different User ID?

Under the different user ID, do a "registry only" install.

--
Dave Nottage
http://www.fruit.on.net <- Touring the US this summer.

Re:Install tips for D5 on Win2K??

Que pendejo

G Allen Casteran <al...@nisnic.com> escribi en el mensaje de noticias
3B62174A.E6024...@nisnic.com...

"sdrqq4" <kasdd...@s.nset> wrote:
> Que <expletive deleted>

Please refrain from using such words on these newsgroups.

--
Dave Nottage
http://www.fruit.on.net <- Touring the US this summer.

Re:Install tips for D5 on Win2K??

OK I can do that for the main Delphi stuff but what about 3rd party
components??

I am assuming that the Registry-only install loads the standard Delphi
Registry keys, and does not duplicate the current set of keys from the
copy installed as Administrator. Is this not correct??

thanks.

Allen.

"G Allen Casteran" wrote:
> OK I can do that for the main Delphi stuff but what about 3rd party
> components??

> I am assuming that the Registry-only install loads the standard Delphi
> Registry keys, and does not duplicate the current set of keys from the
> copy installed as Administrator. Is this not correct??

Yes, it is correct. In Delphi 5, you need to either copy the registry entry
for each package for each user, or use Component->Install Packages and add
the desired packages.

--

Dave Nottage wrote:
> "G Allen Casteran" wrote:
> > OK I can do that for the main Delphi stuff but what about 3rd party
> > components??

> > I am assuming that the Registry-only install loads the standard Delphi
> > Registry keys, and does not duplicate the current set of keys from the
> > copy installed as Administrator. Is this not correct??

> Yes, it is correct. In Delphi 5, you need to either copy the registry entry
> for each package for each user, or use Component->Install Packages and add
> the desired packages.

Wow, that really blows! There has to be a better way to do this. I think I'll
try giving the user Admin priviledges and see if I can load in the registry as
a block from the Admin Borland reg tree.

Re:Install tips for D5 on Win2K??

Hi

Could you please tell me how exactly how I copy the registry keys for
another user?

I have installed D5 as Administrator and get only one VCL tab when logged in
as another user?  A few hours work down the drain?

Thanks.

Rob.

"Dave Nottage" <d...@removethis.b3.com.au> wrote in message

> "G Allen Casteran" wrote:
> > OK I can do that for the main Delphi stuff but what about 3rd party
> > components??

> > I am assuming that the Registry-only install loads the standard Delphi
> > Registry keys, and does not duplicate the current set of keys from the
> > copy installed as Administrator. Is this not correct??

> Yes, it is correct. In Delphi 5, you need to either copy the registry
entry
> for each package for each user, or use Component->Install Packages and add
> the desired packages.

> --
> Dave Nottage
> http://www.fruit.on.net <- Touring the US this summer.

Re:Install tips for D5 on Win2K??

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001 02:23:58 +0100, "Robert Rowlands"

<r...@moonstone.co.uk> wrote:
>Hi

>Could you please tell me how exactly how I copy the registry keys for
>another user?

>I have installed D5 as Administrator and get only one VCL tab when logged in
>as another user?  A few hours work down the drain?

You can re-run the D5 Installer and check the 'Registry Only' option.

Other Threads