QR2 : why doesn't inheritance work ?

I'm working on an application where i use Form inheritance, this works
great.

When i started adding reports i wanted to do the same : a base report
that defines common layout (consistent margins, headers and footer
with report-title etc).

This almost works : i can inherit other reports from the base report
but after that (most) changes to the base don't show up in the derived
reports. Derived properties show the 'revert to inherited' item greyed
out.

My question is : is this a known 'feature' of Quickreports or am i
doing something wrong ? Is there a solution or workaround ?

I don't have the QR source but it seems like it's doing something
non-standard with regards to saving/restoring properties, could
someone confirm this ?

I'm using D3 and QR2.0j

-hh-

-hh-

Re:QR2 : why doesn't inheritance work ?

I don't have these problems, and I am also using QR and Delphi, although
I am currently still using QR 1.  Maybe the best thing you can do is
view your forms as text, and delete any of the specified overrides that
are equivalent to your first form and shouldn't have been updated, i.e.
ensure inheritance is enforced.

Oliver

Henk Holterman wrote:

> I'm working on an application where i use Form inheritance, this works
> great.

> When i started adding reports i wanted to do the same : a base report
> that defines common layout (consistent margins, headers and footer
> with report-title etc).

> This almost works : i can inherit other reports from the base report
> but after that (most) changes to the base don't show up in the derived
> reports. Derived properties show the 'revert to inherited' item greyed
> out.

> My question is : is this a known 'feature' of Quickreports or am i
> doing something wrong ? Is there a solution or workaround ?

> I don't have the QR source but it seems like it's doing something
> non-standard with regards to saving/restoring properties, could
> someone confirm this ?

> I'm using D3 and QR2.0j

> -hh-

> -hh-